how i did it and will continue to do

Options
I went from 220 to 149 in about 3 months the wait gain was from a pregancy I sat @ 220 for 2 years after giving birth. I finaly got motivated and reached my goal fast i did not use aNY DIET PILS OR DRUGS. ( I at first was setting my callorie goal too low and did not get any results) but i decided 1000 was a good number i tried not to go under about 800 and not go over 1200 calories per day.with theese rules, no high fructose corn syrup (as a pop lover that was a bit hard but i did it), nothing fried, no candy or chocalate ect., no diet soda, nothing breaded.
I generaly would have a nut bar or other protien bar along with oranges strawberries and grapes for breakfast, for lunch i would have a salad usualy fast food resturant salad or bagged salad from grocerie store with the lower cal dressings such as sun dried tomato by craft. occasionaly i would have a burger or brocli and cheese instead but would not have anything with it. for dinner i would eat whatever the family was having as long as it didnt break the rules i made for myself. (small servings)
if there was a special occasion i would allow my self things such as ice cream but only the recomened serving (use a mesure cup and eat out of a bowl not the box) i followed that diet and five days a week after work i would hit the gym doing 30-45 min of cardio (elliptical is my choice) followed by weight training i would alternate between uper and lower body every other day. (unless your trying to build your muscles have to have a day of rest) i did abs every day unless they were sore. i literaly saw the scale change almost every day it kept me motivated.

here's the bad part after the 3 months i wasnt going to the gym i mantained that wait thoe for 5 or 6 more months untill i started breaking my diet rules then i went up to 177 in about 9 months the gain was slower than the loss so i know i can do it again just make sure i follow my diet rules if im not working out or work out if im not following diet rules to maintain. ive started again and so far lost two pounds in one week so im back on track and will not let it get away from me again if i stayed on track i could of been 120 by now and have learned from my mistake.

91665.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal

Replies

• saralaisblueeyes
    Options
    I went from 220 to 149 in about 3 months the wait gain was from a pregancy I sat @ 220 for 2 years after giving birth. I finaly got motivated and reached my goal fast i did not use aNY DIET PILS OR DRUGS. ( I at first was setting my callorie goal too low and did not get any results) but i decided 1000 was a good number i tried not to go under about 800 and not go over 1200 calories per day.with theese rules, no high fructose corn syrup (as a pop lover that was a bit hard but i did it), nothing fried, no candy or chocalate ect., no diet soda, nothing breaded.
    I generaly would have a nut bar or other protien bar along with oranges strawberries and grapes for breakfast, for lunch i would have a salad usualy fast food resturant salad or bagged salad from grocerie store with the lower cal dressings such as sun dried tomato by craft. occasionaly i would have a burger or brocli and cheese instead but would not have anything with it. for dinner i would eat whatever the family was having as long as it didnt break the rules i made for myself. (small servings)
    if there was a special occasion i would allow my self things such as ice cream but only the recomened serving (use a mesure cup and eat out of a bowl not the box) i followed that diet and five days a week after work i would hit the gym doing 30-45 min of cardio (elliptical is my choice) followed by weight training i would alternate between uper and lower body every other day. (unless your trying to build your muscles have to have a day of rest) i did abs every day unless they were sore. i literaly saw the scale change almost every day it kept me motivated.

here's the bad part after the 3 months i wasnt going to the gym i mantained that wait thoe for 5 or 6 more months untill i started breaking my diet rules then i went up to 177 in about 9 months the gain was slower than the loss so i know i can do it again just make sure i follow my diet rules if im not working out or work out if im not following diet rules to maintain. ive started again and so far lost two pounds in one week so im back on track and will not let it get away from me again if i stayed on track i could of been 120 by now and have learned from my mistake.

91665.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Good Luck on your new journey!
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    your calories seems too low as I'm sure others will start responding. Try and loose it a little slower. That may be part of the reason you gained some of it back already. You can't possibly be loosing all fat at that weight loss rate - some has to be muscle which isn't good.

You've got great will power though. I couldn't eat 800 calories a day and stay sane that's for sure and I am a lot smaller than you.

good luck
  • saralaisblueeyes
    Options
    i had a 32 bmi to start and a 25 bmi at finnish i gained back because i quit going to gym and ate cheese burgers and fries every day so i kind of expected the gain. i was being stupid and had some problems in my personal life so wasnt caring about my weight
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Just caring enuff about yourself to post in here is a victory, all by itself! :flowerforyou: Thr great thing about MFP is that you have ALL the tools, and resources and support here to get to where you want to go! Hugz! :happy:
  • saralaisblueeyes
    Options
    well i ate 1800 calories yesterday but I dont feel bad it's still less than i burn a day, and I probaly wont make it to gym today. but i sure will tomorow.:indifferent:

91665.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!