new and already love it!

Options
emilydmac
emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
Hi I am emily- I have done this for about 5 days now and lost 3 pounds already. I am only 19 years old but realized this spring that living with my boyfriend for 8 months now, I have adopted his eating habits and gained quite a bit of weight quickly while he has stayed the same (lucky!). I am trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle and lose 20 pounds, eat healthy and organic, and excercise daily. I am a gym rat so that last part shouldn't be too difficult. The hard part for me is not over restricting and over exercising. Since I started the program and realized my level of aco****ability, I tend to be way under my calorie goal (weird, I know) but I know I will go into starvation mode if I keep it up so I am trying to just eat more veggies and protein. I really love this program for its accountability and wide range of foods and excercises so I am always sure that what I enter into the diary is accurate. I hope I can stay motivated and lose that weight! I would love to have some friends and hear other peoples stories because that is so encouraging and heart warming that so many people can do this the healthy way and get great results!

Replies

• Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I know that mfp has definately helped me to be healthier!
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Glad your on this as if you waited till you got married – you could get a really fat *kitten*!! Congratulations... lets go hard for June.. Ill add you as a friend ;)
  • ginagn73
    ginagn73 Posts: 89
    Options
    Good luck...I am on day 2 so hopefully by day 5 I will feel the same as you!!!