How Many Push-Ups Can You Do?

2»

Replies

• JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    I can do 25 girly push ups. I haven't tried them on my toes, but I'm working up to it. :)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    After MONTHS, I got up to 100 total pushups last night. Full toe push ups. in 6 sets over about 25 minutes (25,25,15,15,10,10). If I did just 1 set to exhaustion though I think I could *possibly* get into the 40s, but 35 is probably more accurate.
  • When I first started I couldn't do a girly push up.. Than I moved up to doing 20 girly push ups.. Now I can do them on my toes I try to do about 4 sets of 10
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    i can do 4 sets of 25 girly pushups. yet i cant do one single full good formed pushup to save my life. maybe one day tho!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    I know I can do about 40 pushups just like that (never timed it or whatever)... When doing chest exercises, i sometimes superset with a push-up as follows: feet on stability ball, do pushups or feet on bench and use a medicine ball under hands and do pushups (I can only do 8 of these after killing chest with peck deck)!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    well, a few months back I did the 100 pushup. I never got to the 100 at a time, but I could drop out sets of 40. I have since stopped so I have no clue where I am at the current moment. darn no I'm going to have to test myself later! :tongue:
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    well, a few months back I did the 100 pushup. I never got to the 100 at a time, but I could drop out sets of 40. I have since stopped so I have no clue where I am at the current moment. darn no I'm going to have to test myself later! :tongue:

LOL! I thought the same for myself :)
  • clean115
    clean115 Posts: 59
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    I've read the best thing you can do for push-ups is get off your knees. Instead, start against a wall or on a bench and work your way to the floor.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Probably about 60 right now. Personal best was 50 reps wearing a 60lb weighted vest.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    All the way down, with proper form, zero!
    Maybe someday when I don't have as much to push up....
  • lynnmarsh52
    lynnmarsh52 Posts: 116 Member
    Great to see some more people joining in on the hundred push-up challenge on facebook! :o)
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    I can do about 10 "girly" push ups.
    Which is a big accomplishment to me. lol
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Currently about 30 under a minute.
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    My last APFT "Army Physical Fitness Test I did 65 in the two minutes...My goal is to do 90 in 2 minutes....
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    i can do 14 proper push ups...

I started at 3 and am slowly, ever so slowly working my way up... i think it's time to try again tonight and push myself to 16...
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    None. I literally can't do them. I've tried so many times, proper ones... girly ones... can't do it. My back won't stay neutral and my arms collapse!
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Last time I tried I couldn't do any!! I've never been able to any in my entire life either.
This discussion has been closed.