gained 1 pound

ginagn73
ginagn73 Posts: 89
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
So I started the program yesterday morning...didn't expect to lose anything in one day but decided to weigh myself this morning. UP 1 POUND! Are you kidding me. I exercised and was under my target calories for the day.

Replies

• aimgirl
    aimgirl Posts: 50 Member
    Don't weigh in daily- you will set yourself up for disappointment and might give up. Water can really mess with the scale. Do it weekly.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    The reason why most people say to weigh yourself only once a week (around the same time of day each time, wearing the same amount of clothing) is that weight fluctuates daily. I can sometimes gain a pound or two if I don't drink enough water, or if it's around "that time". Also, a lot of people gain a pound or two when beginning to exercise. It took 3 weeks before I saw any weight loss on the scale, but then it's come off steadily since then.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    when you start a new exercise program your body retains water in order to repair muscles. after a couple days of working out, you will no longer have that issue. it'll happen again when you try a new workout plan.
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Also, keep an eye on your sodium. I find if I'm over significantly, I'll see a gain of about two pounds on the scale in the morning. Could very well be retained water, or depending on your cycle, you could be retaining water for TOM, too.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    First, Nothing will happen in one day. In fact it make take several days to see and weight gain or loss. This takes lots of patience but is very simple once you get the hang of it and see how things really do work. Do not give up, anyone can do this and there are no exceptions. I have succeeded for the first time in my life and have spent years of trying to lose weight.

Also, Working out really hard, especially if you aren't used to it will cause you to retain water so your muscles can heal.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    It takes more then one day to see results!5-7 days you should start to see results if your consisant with eating healthy and working out.
  • moly39
    moly39 Posts: 7
    My scale is never the same twice! It always goes up and down about 5 pounds in one day. Keep at it and maybe by the end of the week that one pound will dissapear!
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    i say its about the new number that may peak at you for just a second thats great! and even better is the number you see nomore!
  • Kraziekay89
    Kraziekay89 Posts: 45
    You have to give your body time to adjust to the new things you are doing to it. I've been told to give your body 2 weeks to adjust to anything new you are doing. I know that sounds like a long time, but you gained the weight over a period of time it won't go away immediately and you may gain weight in the mean time.

Also, weight can't be the only thing you look at because if you are working out, then you will gain muscle which could take place of the weight you lose in fat.

Give yourself a little break, and some time

Good Luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.