Back to Reality

Options
OK, so is there an entry into my Food Tracker that simply says "I ate everything I could get my hands on this Memorial Day weekend, oh and drank tons of beer as well."? What a fun and relaxing weekend that was! Now, I am ready to get back on track. At least until the 4th of July!! I hope everyone had a restful weekend. Have a great Tuesday!!

Replies

• angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing!!! I weigh in tomorrow...wonder what the scale is going to tell me!!! YIKES!!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    *LIKE*
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    ha ha ha! "at least until July 4th". That's great. I did really well until yesterday. It was the feast of a thousand soups. I had Pho for brunch and then ramen for dinner and a ton of sides and extras in between. So ridiculous. Back on track today.

Good luck to you!! :drinker:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing - minus the alcohol. I did indulge in two of my favorite drinks which are high calorie, though. Now, as you said, back to it, for a month and five days. :happy:
  • DawnyB1210
    DawnyB1210 Posts: 55
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I started out with the best of intentions. I even dragged my husband for a walk on Friday night, but on Saturday, it just went down hill. Lobster roll and onion rings for lunch and a HUGE prime rib with mashed potatoes and dessert for dinner. I guess I deserve the 2 lb gain I saw this morning. In the past, a weekend like this would have derailed me completely and sent me into a "screw it all" eating frenzy. This time, I'm going to just take it on the chin, think of it as a minor set back and move on. I'm back to portion control and looking forward to a long walk this evening. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I had a great time this weekend with my family and food was a part of it, and I enjoyed that too. Next time, I'll try to rein it in a bit and up the activity level, and maybe I'll break even instead of gaining. Sometime it frustrates me that food has to be something that you have to think about and plan life around instead of just eating what you feel like when you feel like it. I guess that time in my life is definitely over.

Hang in there and don't let a fun, relaxing weekend derail your goals!!
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sounds exactly like my weekend, although, I did have a couple of high activity days to help offset it. Luckily, only added a pound to the scale this morning.