Yummy wrap ideas needed :)

Options
2»

Replies

• barbiegirluk
    barbiegirluk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much spice you like in your food. But being an Indian, here is my idea:

1tbsp Coriander-coconut chutney : handful of coriander/cilantro, green chilli and ginger paste, dessicated coconut, cumin seeds, lemon juice, salt-sugar pinch each. Add 1-2 cloves of garlic if you like/ depending on workplace/ if you always have mint with you :)
    (It's like pesto, you can make some during the weekend and it will last you in the fridge for the week, makes great dip for your cucumber/carrot sticks too)
    Add whatever you would like: shredded lettuce/tomato/avocado/cheese/cucumber
    Great thing is you this chutney tastes equally good grilled or cold.
    Enjoy!
  • sahlah
    sahlah Posts: 52
    Options
    This is what I generally use. You can modify it however you would like

8 10 inch tortillas
    8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled & cubed
    1/2 cup diced tomatoes
    1 (4 ounce) can chopped black olives, drained
    1/2 cup peeled and seeded cucumber, chopped
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup fat free sour cream mixed with:
    1 tablespoon crushed garlic
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon dill weed

2 cups assorted greens
    4 oz feta cheese

Directions
    1. Combine tomatoes, olives, cucumber, lemon juice, and sour cream mixture.
    2. Lay 1/8 of chicken on tortilla, top with 1/4 cup of vegetable mixture and 1/4 cup of salad greens.
    3. Fold in sides of tortilla and roll up tightly.
    4. Serve

This will refrigerate for the entire week well.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here! I put anything that would make a sandwich with in it. Banana and p'butter, eggs, cheese and salsa....I could go on and on!
  • xxrainxx
    xxrainxx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I always have 2 turkey rashers with scrambled egg white and a little brown sauce
    egg - 32cal
    turkey rashers 60cals
    brown sauce 15 cals
    Wrap 100cals

Total: 197

:o)
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great Ideas ~ saving. :tongue:
  • tiffany0127
    tiffany0127 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas everyone!! I had scrambled eggs with a little cheese and salsa this afternoon along with cantaloupe. Yummy, filling, and under 400 calories! :smile:
  • tiffany0127
    Options
    Actually I got the La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat White ones that are made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (they are the only ones I found at my local Wal-Mart but from looking at their website they have quite a variety available) ...sometimes the flat-outs taste to gritty for me. They actually have 13 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protien!
  • tiffany0127
    Options
    Is it a FlatOUt? I buy those and love love LOVE them. 9 grams of fiber too!
    go to the FlatOut website they have tons of recipes. My family loves the pizza one. You have your own mini pizza.

Actually I got the La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat White ones that are made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (they are the only ones I found at my local Wal-Mart but from looking at their website they have quite a variety available) ...sometimes the flat-outs taste to gritty for me. They actually have 13 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protien!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to have light miracle whip, turkey, shredded lettuce, and kraft singles 2% cheese in a wrap!

Mine too! It's the best, you can throw all the spinach on there that you can fit and I also use ranch dressing sometimes too : )
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Sara7Taylor
    Sara7Taylor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ceasar Salad wraps

Broiled, seasoned chicken breast or Sliced deli turkey (meat counter/deli)

Spinich leaves

sliced almonds

fresh parmasan cheese

light ceasar salad dressing