I've been on MFP for 4 weeks but just found the Community

Options
Hi,

I'm Merri and I have to admit I used MFP on my IPAD and just realized today when I logged on via my laptop that there is a community here. Who knew? Anyway, my company had a Biggest Loser competition that began in January and I'm happy to report that I was the Biggest Winner. When the contest ended at the end of April I decided to keep going with my weight loss and found the MFP app which has been awesome. I'm a gym rat - I exercise every day. Last year I decided to walk 30 miles a week for 52 weeks (1560 miles) and I actually ended up walking 1650 miles. While I did lose some weight I was not very conscious of my diet and so this year I decided that getting completely healthy was my top priority. I have teetered a bit but have to say that I was lucky enough to meet Jillian Michaels a few weeks ago and found her to be very inpsirational so it gave me the push I needed to keep going. I look forward to meeting some new friends!!!!

**Stats**
SW -221 lbs
CW-180 lbs
GW- 140 lbs

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    sent friend request! =)
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi Merri!
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
    Congrats on winning your biggest loser competition....thats awesome!!!
    friend request on its way :bigsmile:
  • veedee
    veedee Posts: 26
    Options
    Fantastic! Your post inspired me, I started walking again this morning. I was on here a year or more ago and now I am back. It really worked when I logged on every day and tracked everything I ate. Keep on going!:happy:
  • reammi
    reammi Posts: 70
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I have accepted all of you :))