Working through injury

Options
Am I the only one who keeps on going through injuries?

At the moment I'm carrying a slight muscle pull in my chest and a random pain in my left shoulder/chest.

I miss working out too much if I was to take a full week or so off to heal up to 100% so I keep working around the sore parts.

As my boxing coach says, "your never 100%. So don't worry about it."

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm working through a knee injury, although doing mostly weights and little cardio b/c my knee just hurts too badly and I don't want to make it worse. Be careful, cuz I worked out and ran a race through the knee injury and then was forced to be on crutches for a week. Don't over-do it or you might HAVE to be sidelined, which stinks.
  • Wimpey
    Wimpey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would choose an alternative... so not to end without alternatives...

Depending on gravity and location of injury I try to find something else to keep me fit and challenged.

There is lots to be said about active recovery, in promoting a quick return from injury.... just be creative.

LOL my day of being pig headed about carrying on regardles are over. The lesson seems to be always too expensive (physio's fees, time out, cancelled events paid for, time to get back on track is soooo long, chronic injuries follows you to the grave... and also fun lost whilst waiting to be able to get out training/racing with your friends)

A niggle can be worked with, but if it does not go away then it needs an action plan (massage/rest/alternative training etc...)

Good luck!