Carbs problem?

Options
lemonlime1
lemonlime1 Posts: 48 Member
Hi

Im new to this, so apologise if my question is stupid!

Im recording my daily food and at the end of each day Ive got calories left, but am always over on the carbs.

Im veggie, so I know I dont have the protein part of a meal very often. I know I eat the obvious carbs such as bread, pasta, rice etc (none of which Ive had in the last couple of days since I started this) but am having real problems keeping the other hidden carbs down.

can anyone suggest an easy way to identify the lower carb foods?

thanks x

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Keep your carbs (bread pasta grains) in check expecially if your trying to loose. amp up your veggie intake. Eat beans for protien
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    dont' eat processed foods or bread/pasta. I eat my burgers with no bun. It helps to avoid the sugar high then crash/cravings.
  • FoodiePatootie
    Options
    Try and get your carbs from fruit instead of processed carbs like pasta, etc. Also, not sure if you are using any sugar-free products, but they also can have a lot of carbs in the sugar substitutes so look for sugar free carb free (Walden Farms).
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Up your fat intake. Eat a lot of nuts - Almonds, Cashews, Pistachio etc. Nuts are dense sources of energy. Small amount provides a good deal. Plus they are rich in 'good' fat.
    Avacado is also rich in fat.
    Pulses, beans are good sources of protein. If you can add sprouted pulses to salads.
    Milk and diary products are good sources of proteins but they are rich in carbs too.