A question to the long term fat suit wearers...

Options
cjs3001
cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
Do you ever wonder what you're going to look like?

Seems like a weird question but I've been over weight all my life and literally can't imagine what I will look like when I reach my goals. I was thinking about it earlier and it really freaked me out that this time next year (hopefully!) the person in the mirror is going to be one that fat me has never ever seen.

Am I the only one freaking out about this? Haha. :blushing: I obviously don't mean it's going to be bad, just so so alien...

Replies

• kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    I have a little sister that is the spitting image of me almost but she been smaller all herr life and ive been big all myy life! lol i look at her and have a good idea of what ill look like
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    I totally understand what you mean. Like will you be curvy or straight. Will you lose your boobs or bum? I will be a very exciting journey I guess. xx
  • SueN113
    SueN113 Posts: 46
    Options
    Totally know how you feel. I was overweight my whole life and am just beginning to shop in the non-plus size clothes sections. I think it takes a while to see yourself without the fat suit, even when you aren't wearing it anymore. I still have some weight to lose and I can't imagine what I will look like, but i know it will be good! =)
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I feel the same way. I've been overweight since I was 14, I have no idea what my body will look like when I'm done losing weight.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Well, it hadn't occured to me. Now I wonder...
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think about it all the time. I can't even really imagine it. I watch the Biggest Loser, and they always look soooooo different. I just know that I will be happier and healthier, however I look.
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I look at old pictures of myself from like, high school (where I'm thinnner, but not thin) and I get a good idea. More than that, I'm worried about losing my boobs/butt. And that I'll have all kinds of gross left over skin.
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I have a little sister that is the spitting image of me almost but she been smaller all herr life and ive been big all myy life! lol i look at her and have a good idea of what ill look like

Me too! My younger sister has a more petite frame then me but everyone says we look alike...minus the weight difference!

...But yeah, I'm excited to slowly shed the layers and see the healthy/fit lady I've always known was there!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I have a pretty good idea. My sister and I are the same height. She is at my goal weight. I also know what I look like at my goal weight!!
  • lunula76
    lunula76 Posts: 38
    Options
    I think about it all the time! I have 3 sisters but none of us look anything alike or like anyone else in our families. I have been overweight since I was 7. I can't imagine what it will look like or what it will FEEL like!?! When there isn't a pad of fat between me and everything I touch. When there aren't several tires sticking out when I sit down. Will I have to adjust the seat in my car? Will I be able to cross my legs comfortably (which I have never been able to do)? Will I feel different when I hug people?

Crazy all the things that might be different.

I just hope I get to find out!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid people I already know, but only see once a year, will be A LOT nicer to me.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Definitely understand. I could never imagine it and now as I get closer to my goal, it surprises me. Yesterday I posted some before and after pictures (at my half way mark) and the change is shocking, even to me (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/252356-half-way-45-lbs-down-with-pictures?page=2#posts-3338885). Someone said I look like the old me's younger sister! :) Love it! It's one of those things that's just kind of there in the back of your mind, but hard to twist your brain around!
  • BarnDogBob
    BarnDogBob Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I know what I am going to look like cause I have been there and back again. Fad diets....

I am looking forward to the new look for a long time.
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I think about it all the time! I have 3 sisters but none of us look anything alike or like anyone else in our families. I have been overweight since I was 7. I can't imagine what it will look like or what it will FEEL like!?! When there isn't a pad of fat between me and everything I touch. When there aren't several tires sticking out when I sit down. Will I have to adjust the seat in my car? Will I be able to cross my legs comfortably (which I have never been able to do)? Will I feel different when I hug people?

Crazy all the things that might be different.

I just hope I get to find out!

I'm glad you've thought about it as much as me! And don't hope you'll get to find out, KNOW you will!
  • Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight since I had kids 25 years ago. I have always been 187pounds and on up and am not even sure what my highest weight has been. I know I was wearing size 22-24 at my highest weight.

Anyways, I don't have a clue how to even imagine what I would look like skinny. I try and I can't do it.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I think it's smart to think about, because dealing with that changed reflection has a huge impact on our understanding of who we are. And for some people, it's too scary to come to terms with the difference between the way they look versus the way they feel and it is a trigger for regaining weight. That's why much of the work we have to do on this journey happens in our head, and not on our waistlines.
  • nads2184
    nads2184 Posts: 124
    Options
    I have no idea cause I have never been slim. probably when I was about 9 10.. so thats a long time ago.. but something to think about. x
  • merrycat
    merrycat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about this for a while now. I've always been kind of overweight, although it's gotten worse in recent years. I'm having a hard time picturing myself thin. Actually, I'm having trouble imagining being thin - I've got "fat girl" stamped somwhere in the back of my mind, and it's hard for me to imagine being anything else.

Callipygianchronicle is very right in saying that we have do as much work in our heads as on our waistlines.
  • ChshireKat
    ChshireKat Posts: 117
    Options
    I have my father and my sisters to go off of, but none of us are small.
    The smallest of us is 5'-0" even, 140lbs and a standard size 8. I think, at least in my family, we are heavy, not fat; becasu when the little one got down to 125lbs (before her babies), she was still medicaly overweight but you could see her ribs and the bones in her neck and hips, she was a size 2-5 at the time I think. It is kind of why my goals are so high, because I know getting smaller would make me look sick, and probably get me sick. My prefered weight, personaly, is the same weight I was in Jr high, about 165lbs(a misses size 12), 40lbs over the weight charts and only about 1/2" ago in hieght. I think I know what I would look like, pretty much the same as I do now, just with better clothes :happy: :laugh:
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I think about this ALL the time. I have never been a healthy weight so I have no solid idea what I should look like. My mum has a similar structure to me (broad shoulders & hips), so I have a general idea, but its still kinda vague because she is taller, though not by much. I'm at my lowest weight as a grown-up, so this is technically the best I've ever looked :happy:

It is kinda wierd though. I'm so used to seeing what I look like now. I'm so used to this shape - the feel of my fat rolls when I sit down, the feel of my arms etc. I imagine it'll be odd, when there is less of me!