Need to change for me and my family

Options
drl041799
drl041799 Posts: 17 Member
Hi there,
Seems like I've been struggling with weight most of my life - but lately it's gotten worse and I hit 40 last year (had planned on losing weight by then!) Had signed up a month or so ago but never kept up so really trying to make a true effort this time around. I'm a married mom of two kids, ages 7.5 and 3. I work full time at an insurance agency so a lot of sitting around. Really hoping I can make the lifestyle change I need for myself, my kids and my husband. So far, so good on Day 1!!!

5566413.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Congrats on day one! I've been on the road to change for 3 months but only recently found this site. I've been a bit discouraged because my husband has lost 44lbs in that 3 months and I've lost 15 and we've been doing pretty much the same things. Hopefully this site will help me out a bit.
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I said before I went from toddler size to immediately size 14. I don't remember any sizes in between. I have also struggled with losing weight. I did lose 52 pounds a few years ago doing Weight Watchers, but slacked off and gained it all back, plus some. I used the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos which helped. I signed up a week ago and have started back with the Walk at Home and am enjoying this. I also work in an office and sitting most of my day. I got my focus back and am going to do this again and not fall off the wagon. You can do this too!
  • reikichris
    reikichris Posts: 85
    Options
    I wish you the best, I know you can do it!

One thing that really has helped me lose weight is playing the Kinect. My son and I play the sports and Dance games and it really works. I burn calories and have fun doing it!

Good luck!
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    I know the feeling, best of luck and welcome back. I sent you a friend request if you're interested in weightloss buddies. :smile:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the decision to change your life.You can do it.1 day at a time.There`s plenty of ideas,recipes,support on this website.
    Good luck
    jane:flowerforyou:
  • LocalBoy71
    LocalBoy71 Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome,

I'm in the same shoes as you. Turned 40 in March with a wife & 4 kids (5,10,11 & 18). That's our motivation and looking good will be just part of the perk. I've been using MyFitnessPal for about a month and it's just part of my routine now. Went to the doctors because my blood pressure was up (200/110) a month ago and i took my blood pressure last week and got it down (138/84). Still have some work on that, but also lost 10 lbs. My energy feels good and doesnt die off after a few hours. I think we've taken a step in the right direction. Keep it up!!! :drinker: