June Challenge: Kicking the Soda Habit

Options
Welcome to the June challenge of Kicking the Soda! Starting today, me and a few friends are doing a NO SODA week challenge, possibly making it a monthly challenge. I will start this group everyone month, so that we can check in and keep everyone motivated. If you are looking for a way to kick the soda habit, then this is the group for you. We welcome all newcomers, join in anytime you find us, looking forward to getting to know you! After this post, I will post a little more about me. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My name is Barb, I’m 27 yrs old. I have a little girl, Kelsey, who is 7 years old and a little boy, Jeremey, who is 1 year old. My husband is a 3rd shift trucker driver and sometimes he’s home every day, sometimes every other day, and sometimes he gone from Monday night until Saturday afternoon, and has weekends off (just depends on how much freight is available). My husband and I have been together 8 years (April 5th, 2003) & have been married for 5 years (May 13, 2006). :love: :smooched: Currently, living with my inlaws, so I’ll complain every now and then (we were hoping to move out this summer, but had some things pop up that are keeping us here another year) . We live in South Bend, Indiana and if you're not sure where that is, we're just a few minutes away from Norte Dame College, at my inlaws house, go down the road about 3-4 mins and you're there....that's how close we live to ND (sorry not a ND fan).....I started my weight loss March 2009 and when I started needed to lose about 92 lbs, and I've lost 50 lbs so far. Feel free to check out my weight loss story. Anything else, feel free to ask. :smile:
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! No soda in June!!! I can do this
  • AngelaLVGJN
    AngelaLVGJN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I survived today, but it was a challenge. I think I am very dependent on my lunch and afternoon sodas. I was searching for food all afternoon. For me, a diet soda curbs my cravings...not sure I am going to make it...but I managed to survive today. I just had to work out a little extra tonight in order to stay under my calorie goals! :) Good luck!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I am SOOOOO in!!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    I didn't have any soda today, even when I went out for girls' night, but I did have 1 frozen margarita and then had water afterwards......I did pretty good, was over on calories, but tomorrow's a new day.

Day # 2 here we come! :drinker: :drinker:
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm proud of you! I myself am addicted to regular Coke and have given it up completely. I drink water 95% of the time. When I crave a coke I have a Coke Zero, so I don't think it qualifies me for this :(
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Lyndzo It's a start. You can still join in. This is for everyone, esp if you want to get rid of it completely. I'm a Pepsi addict....and sometimes when I really need somethng, I grab a Pepsi Max, so I'm in the same boat as you! :smile: You are not alone and don't feel like you are alone in this!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Okay, so as of right now, I'm guessing I have no one following me? :frown: I thought I had a goup going and then no one shows up and helps with motivation or nothing....

Hopefully there will be more showing up, but for those who are reading this, I'm doin great! Have gone out to eat twice this past week and both times I ordered water instead of soda when everyone else ordered soda....of course I had a strange thing happen today when we went out for lunch. I ordered water with my value meal from McDonald's, and the cashier goes, "Oh, you don't want soda, you want water?" And I was like "Yeah" and at the same time I was thinking, "Is there a problem with that?" Ugh! :noway:

Hope to hear from you guys on how you are doing and everything.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    THIS TOPIC IS CLOSED

IF YOU'D LIKE ME TO START IT UP AGAIN, PLEASE MESSAGE ME, OTHERWISE THIS IS THE END OF THIS TOPIC.

THANKS TO ALL WHO DID JOIN!