Trying to loose the weight and keep it off

Options
Kagrizzo
Kagrizzo Posts: 6 Member
Hi all,

I've been on a roller coaster of weight loss/gain since my children were born. I'm up 40lbs from what I was pre-pregnancy and every time I think I'm on a roll loosing 10-15 lbs, I gain it right back. It's so frustrating. My doctor said that calories are sneaking in somehow. So I'm going to try and keep an eye on that with Myfitnesspal. Has this been working for any of you?

Kate

Replies

• cbaines74
    cbaines74 Posts: 77
    Options
    Yes, it works, you just have to stick with it, I have lost 12 in 2 months, not as fast as I would like, but I didn't gain it overnight either. Good Luck!:drinker:
  • Menene
    Menene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    55lbs down !!! Just keep up with your calories and do a little exercise. It is not as hard is i thought it would be. I have Hypothyroidism and my metabolism is really slow.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Working well enough for me, I'm losing AND keeping it off for the first time, a mental-change had to happen though, before every time I was losing weight it was..."oh well you're down some weight have and enjoy the chocolate bar" so I'd get empty calories and I kept going higher than where I'd lost from. For the first time in 3 or 4 years I'm below the weight I was when I started with a Dietician, we worked together for a year and I never managed to lose, tracking was "hard" then as I had to write everything down and I probably underestimated portions all the time. On here it's easy enter the food name, click to add it and a $20 food-scale means no more underestimating (for at home foods)
  • Kagrizzo
    Kagrizzo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the helpful hints!