OT - Visiting Family

Options
Well I felt so good I had to share. :smile: On short notice I planned to make the 3 hour drive and visit my sisters this week-end but when I found out about the gas rations and price going up I sat all day at work Friday debating on whether or not to come. My 'younger' sis called to see what time I would be arriving and when I told her I was having second thoughts, you could have felt the heartbreak in her voice. I decided to go ahead and go visit anyway! I'm one of 5 girls and don't get to see them very often. Well today one of their friends came over and was crazy excited to meet me (guess i'm a cool big sis :wink: ) and then we did mani/pedi's and that was fun! Needing to just relax I chose to just stay in until later this evening when I go see my 'older' sis at the restaraunt she works at. I sat in the big comfy recliner and covered myself with a banket to watch some football with my step-dad and my 'baby' sis climbed up beside me, got under the blanket and fell asleep hugging me and her head on my shoulder. Things for them are rough right now because of the seperation but it felt so amazing to be here for them this week-end.

Thanks for listening! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Well I felt so good I had to share. :smile: On short notice I planned to make the 3 hour drive and visit my sisters this week-end but when I found out about the gas rations and price going up I sat all day at work Friday debating on whether or not to come. My 'younger' sis called to see what time I would be arriving and when I told her I was having second thoughts, you could have felt the heartbreak in her voice. I decided to go ahead and go visit anyway! I'm one of 5 girls and don't get to see them very often. Well today one of their friends came over and was crazy excited to meet me (guess i'm a cool big sis :wink: ) and then we did mani/pedi's and that was fun! Needing to just relax I chose to just stay in until later this evening when I go see my 'older' sis at the restaraunt she works at. I sat in the big comfy recliner and covered myself with a banket to watch some football with my step-dad and my 'baby' sis climbed up beside me, got under the blanket and fell asleep hugging me and her head on my shoulder. Things for them are rough right now because of the seperation but it felt so amazing to be here for them this week-end.

Thanks for listening! :flowerforyou:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    aw, that's awesome, M!

I'm happy for you... I miss my brothers and sisters like crazy, too, and Id have done the same thing :)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    That's sweet, Megan. :smile: Glad you made the journey too! :smile:
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    With all the sad news on the tv it's so nice to pop in here and hear a nice happy story. thanks so much for sharing it with us!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    aww....i'm glad you went to visit, I'm sure they all appreciate it.....:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Have a blast and enjoy them!!
  • tamifanny
    Options
    Aaaah Good Times...Good Times:tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    thanks for a positive share :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad you got to visit your family. I have three sisters that live in the Midwest (2 in Illinios and 1 in Missouri) and I miss them so much. The last time I got to see them was a few years ago. I hope you have loads of fun. :flowerforyou:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad you got to visit your family. I have three sisters that live in the Midwest (2 in Illinios and 1 in Missouri) and I miss them so much. The last time I got to see them was a few years ago. I hope you have loads of fun. :flowerforyou:

They don't live that far away from me thank God and I do get to see them several times a year - just seems like years pass between visits. I'm sorry you don't get to see your sisters more often :flowerforyou:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I live about 4 hrs away from my family. :cry: I miss them all the time and my little bros used to ALWAYS ask me when I was going to visit. Now, one is off to college and one lives with his mom in another state, but my dad still asks me all the time. I feel so bad because I hardly ever see them. I am just waiting for the day I get to move back in the area, whenever that will be.