exercises

doesnt doing normal exercises such as the leg squats and arm stretches do anything any more?

Replies

• jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    doesnt doing normal exercises such as the leg squats and arm stretches do anything any more?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    My husband tells me that lunges are the best for your legs and your butt. My son does tons of squats in karate. They are great for legs and butt. they use them for strengthening.

Check this site out. It may help
    exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/ht/Squat.htm

Are you using any weights with you are stretching? make sure you change up your workouts too. If you do the same thing day in and day out, your body will get used to it, and it will stop showing changes. Change it up and have fun.

Good luck to you
  • If you are asking about counting the calories; I would log it as calisthenics. Its one of the options in the database.

If you are asking do they work; then yes they do. If you do a bunch of them combined in one session it is called aerobics! Ha ha.

Have fun:bigsmile:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    In answer to the basic question.
    YES they DO still count, and YES they DO SOMETHING!
    They are the things that we should do when we get the chance, they are the things that do not need extra equipment because your own body weight works as the weight.
    Otherwise, Oldandbroke is right as to where you can log it in your log.
    I like to do these when I have nothing else to do. IE when I am drying my hair. brushing teeth, Basic get ready in the AM.
    Or when I am sitting wathcing TV. I try to see how many things I can fit into a comercial break.
    I also think that when I am traveling that these things are great. But I sometimes add bands for that extra resistence. :wink:
    Good question! :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...