TELL ME IT'S OK NOT TO EXERCISE

Options
I usually workout 6 days a week, Sunday is my rest day. But I hurt my back doing a 90 minute kickboxing video. I have even had to take muscle relaxers. I like to workout on Saturdays because it is usually a heavier calorie day. I know I need to take today off to rest my back, but I feel so guilty. I am going to try to workout tomorrow, probable a light workout. But I feel horrible for not working out.

Someone tell me it's okay not to workout today.

Thanks,
MK

Replies

• mamakitty
    Options
    I usually workout 6 days a week, Sunday is my rest day. But I hurt my back doing a 90 minute kickboxing video. I have even had to take muscle relaxers. I like to workout on Saturdays because it is usually a heavier calorie day. I know I need to take today off to rest my back, but I feel so guilty. I am going to try to workout tomorrow, probable a light workout. But I feel horrible for not working out.

Someone tell me it's okay not to workout today.

Thanks,
    MK
  • jamdblake4
    Options
    muscle relaxers and working out, kind like taking a downer to get high.Take the day off man:ohwell:
    let your back rest 2 maybe 3 days because if you don't your back will lay you out and you'll be out a month:sad: :sad: :sad: . Whats that saying and ounce of ???? is worth a whole lot of something. man I sound like GW:embarassed:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok. You have my permission to not feel guilty today.

Would it be good to exercise today, hurt yourself, then be off the exercise loop for 4-6 wks?

SO. Today you are ok. You will be back in a day or so and stronger than ever. :flowerforyou:
  • georgiaj
    Options
    it's not only okay, it's needed if you don't get enough rest and hurt yourself worse you'll end up with an even longer wait
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    muscle relaxers and working out, kind like taking a downer to get high.Take the day off man:ohwell:
    let your back rest 2 maybe 3 days because if you don't your back will lay you out and you'll be out a month:sad: :sad: :sad: . Whats that saying and ounce of ???? is worth a whole lot of something. man I sound like GW:embarassed:

LOL at GW. It's ok, brain farts happen>

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". So true.
  • syoung
    Options
    Why not just take a walk and not feel so guilty, then coast for the rest of the day? The biggest thing is to make sure to get back at it in a couple days.. Everyone needs to take time off once in a while, it is human.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    take it from one with a former back injury, you may need to give it several weeks. Let it rest and heal or you will end up with worse problems, like it totally going out and being stuck on the couch for a solid week because you can't stand up straight and you have to crawl on all fours to do anything and getting on the toilet is excrutiating pain, you don't want that!

You body is telling you it needs rest, LISTEN, and get better! :flowerforyou: