Lacking in the protein department.

Options
Hey all, I very rarely eat meat, and when I do it's usually fish once every couple of weeks. My question is this: How can I up my protein? I'm currently doing a tough workout about 5 times a week, and would love to figure out a low calorie, high protein snack for afterwords.

Tips?

Replies

• mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Chicken, eggs, whey protein, dairy, etc.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Chicken (or other meat), beans (I usually get the package of 15 bean soup, cook it & drain it, then have a cup of mixed beans a day), nuts, eggs (or egg whites), yogurt, etc. Basically, anything that "had a mother" is protein, as well as nuts, beans, and some other plants...
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    quinoa
    Greek yogurt
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    soy milk is good or you can just buy some protein powders to add to your drinks and snacks.
  • Robertlawnicki
    Robertlawnicki Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, so I started to drink a protein supplement its called Myofusion. I put 1.5 scoops in a blender with
    4 ice cubes half cup of water and a half cup of 1% milk . Run the blender for about 2 min, This will give you about 38g
    of protein with about 200 calories and only 8g of carbs. I use the milk chocolate flaver, its great.