Little sweet "cheats"

Options
So I go in between having a major sweet tooth, to craving super salty or sour stuff. I'm a huge Girl Scout cookie addict and I have two foods that met my girl scout cookie "fix".

The first is Balance Bar Gold Chocolate Cookie Mint (reminds me of a chewy Thin Mint). Heavenly and not bad for you at all. Plus, with 14-15 g of protein, you can't go wrong with this indulgence.

My other favorite Girl Scout cookie is the Samoa's or Caramel Delights...I really try to incorporate as much fiber into my diet as possible, so I've been hooked on Fiber Plus antioxidants chewy granola bars...I recently stumbled upon Chocolate Caramel Coconut, and by God, they taste SO much like the Caramel Delight's. I pick mine up at Target.

I hope all you other sweet tooth folks enjoy! Remember, there is always an healthy alternative to our "favorite foods", you just have to do some searching and some tasting=0)

Replies

• Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Those Caramel Coconut Fudge Fiber Plus bars are AMAZING!!! :D
  • lmoldes
    lmoldes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What a great idea, I too am hooked on Girl Scout Cookies (Thin Mints and Peanut Butter Patties). I'll have to try your Thin Mint substitue. Thanks!
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    Oooooo I love me some Thin Mints. I ate a whole box of them things in a day a few months back... Ugh. :( Thank you for the alternative! I'm going to have to find those. :)
  • thebookpusher
    thebookpusher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    if you like the Peanut Butter patties, a good substitute is the Atkin's Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar. AND, if you freeze it, it is as though you are eating a frozen Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
    High protein.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Those Caramel Coconut Fudge Fiber Plus bars are AMAZING!!! :D

Totally agree and I am NOT a granola bar person!!
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    I fit things that I like into my caloric budget for the day, as long as I meet my macronutrient requirements. I LOVE kids cereal like reese puffs, fruit loops, and cookie crisp. I eat them nightly!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Love carmel delights! Have to find those Fiber Plus bars. Thank you.
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    So I go in between having a major sweet tooth, to craving super salty or sour stuff. I'm a huge Girl Scout cookie addict and I have two foods that met my girl scout cookie "fix".

The first is Balance Bar Gold Chocolate Cookie Mint (reminds me of a chewy Thin Mint). Heavenly and not bad for you at all. Plus, with 14-15 g of protein, you can't go wrong with this indulgence.

My other favorite Girl Scout cookie is the Samoa's or Caramel Delights...I really try to incorporate as much fiber into my diet as possible, so I've been hooked on Fiber Plus antioxidants chewy granola bars...I recently stumbled upon Chocolate Caramel Coconut, and by God, they taste SO much like the Caramel Delight's. I pick mine up at Target.

I hope all you other sweet tooth folks enjoy! Remember, there is always an healthy alternative to our "favorite foods", you just have to do some searching and some tasting=0)

If you like Thin Mints- try Back to Nature organic Fudge Mint cookies- TO.DIE.FOR. I stick em in the freezer and they are the ultimate summer treat!