where do you lose the weight first

Options
2»

Replies

• ginagn73
    ginagn73 Posts: 89
    Options
    I am 5'2 at 136 right now... trying to get to 125. I have been on here for about a month now... working out steadily for 5 days a week atleast an hour a day... my question is where does everyone tend to lose their weight first? I really am trying to lose it in my stomach that is my only problem area . I have lost little over 5 pounds so far and it doesnt seem that any of it is from my stomach...

helpp!! suggestions?
    your stomache is always the last 10 pounds you want to lose...always the last...
  • ecarmitage
    ecarmitage Posts: 1
    Options
    For me, the very first place is my waist.
    That's how I know if I've put on or lost weight. But it takes time to really see it go down. I read you should allow approximately 4 weeks with measurements.
    But you know what it's not the same for everyone as demonstrated. Its the hardest place for my mum to loose weight, but then she has a really straight up and down figure, whereas mine is more hourglass shaped.
    I guess it depends on your body type.......
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    First place I lost weight was in my face. I was getting a double chin, but now that's mostly gone.
  • chizzledfrmstone
    Options
    My face, arms, and legs are the first to lose fat while my mid-section is a tad more stubborn. Unfortunately there is no such thing as spot reduction of fat since it has to do with genetics, hormonal factors (cortisol), and adrenergic receptors.

The last place you lose fat is the first place you gain it back.
  • allywilkes
    allywilkes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I lost the weight in my stomach first, which was the "last" place it was put on (I only developed stomach fat in the last 1-2 years). Now it seems to be spreading to my legs and behind. Here's hoping it makes it to those arms!