Peanut butter Chocolate *Krispy* Treats (gluten free!)

Options
jessmomof3
jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
My 12 year old and I made these to take to a cookout this weekend. I didn't have any Rice Krispies so we used Peanut Butter Panda Puffs cereal (which is also gluten free!) instead. The kids (and honestly, the adults!) all loved them!

Peanut butter chocolate *krispy* treats

4 Tablespoons butter
1 package Jet Puffed marshmallows
6 cups of Envirokidz Panda Puffs gluten free cereal (or cereal of choice)
4 Tablespoons mini semi sweet chocolate chips

Melt butter and marshmallows in large saucepan on medium heat on stovetop. When melted, turn off the stove and remove from heat. Add in the cereal, one cup at a time until mixed with the marshmallows. Then add in the mini chocolate chips and stir until melted.

Pour into 9 x 13" pan and press down with a spatula sprayed with Pam. Let set about 30 minutes and then cut into 24 bars.

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sat Fat
Cereal - Envirokidz - Panda Puffs, Peanut Butter, 6 cup 1,040 192 20 16 16 0
Kraft - Jet Puffed Original Marshmallows, 1 container (36 marshmallows ea.) 900 216 0 9 0 0
Land O' Lakes - Butter (Land O' Lakes, Salted Stick), 4 T 400 0 44 0 0 28
Hershey's - Mini Chips Real Semisweet Chocolate, 4 tbsp 280 40 16 0 0 10
Add Ingredient
Total: 2620 448 80 25 16 38
Per Serving: 109 19 3 1 1 2

24 servings, here are the calories per bar.

109 cals/
19g carb/
1g fiber/
0g protein/
3g fat/
2g sat fat

Replies

• lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!!
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    I've never heard of that kind of cereal...but it sounds great!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I've never heard of that kind of cereal...but it sounds great!

You could probably use Peanut butter Cap'n Crunch for a little less healthier version of the cereal. :bigsmile: The Envirokidz is sold at Kroger and Meijer here, sometimes at Super Wal*mart too! It's an organic kids cereal. They also have a Leapin' Lemurs that is chocolate and PB and Gorilla Munch that is like Kix.

http://shop.naturespath.com/Panda-Puffs-Cereal/p/NPA-860044&c=NaturesPath@EnviroKidz
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I love Panda Puffs:laugh: It's one of my guilty pleasures. I have a bowl before my long runs on the weekends. These treats sound like a more fun way to have a pre-run snack.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I love Panda Puffs:laugh: It's one of my guilty pleasures. I have a bowl before my long runs on the weekends. These treats sound like a more fun way to have a pre-run snack.

Hey Tom... my gluten free friend! Yes, these are great! I know, the Panda Puffs and Cinnamon Chex are my gluten free weakness cereals. :bigsmile: