Cottage Cheese Recipies...????

Options
2»

Replies

• dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    I eat mine plain or add crushed pineapple or grapes (cut in half).
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Fluff Salad

1 small carton lowfat or nonfat cottage cheese
    1 small can crushed pineapple, in juice, drained very well
    1 (3 oz) sugar free strawberry Jello
    1 small carton lite or fat free Cool Whip

Sprinkle dry Jello over cottage cheese and mix.
    Add drained pineapple and mix. Stir in Cool Whip. Chill

I have also used peaches instead of pineapple and used peach Jello. Or mandarin oranges & orange Jello.

Here's a similiar one that my aunt used to make that is great to take to potlucks. My hubby calls it *old lady salad*. :laugh:

Ingredients
    1 (3 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix (sugar free)
    1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
    1 (24 ounce) container cottage cheese
    1 (15.25 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
    1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
    1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
    2 large bananas, sliced (optional)
    Shelled pistachios (optional)

Directions
    Dump instant pudding into a large mixing bowl. Add pineapple, and mix well. Mix in nondairy whipped topping and cottage cheese. Stir in fruit cocktail, and mandarin oranges, and bananas. Cover, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Top w/ additional shelled pistachios if desired.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I add cottage cheese to tons of things!! Add it to cooked oatmeal to make it creamier (try just 1/4 cup). Mix it with yogurt and fruit. Top a baked potato or sweet potato. Use it in place of sour cream for recipes. Use it instead of ricotta for lower fat lasagna. Blend it up well in smoothies.

It's a great way to add in extra protein w/out a lot of calories!
  • sm1986
    sm1986 Posts: 10
    Options
    Today I sliced up some strawberries, stirred into loads of cottage cheese and drizzled with a teaspoon of honey....... It was really nice! And cured my sweet cravings!....
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    OH, I had a tofu cottage cheese smoothie for breakfast today!

3 oz silken tofu
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 scoop chocolate Shakeology (or your favorite protein powder)
    1 T. PB 2 (powdered peanut butter)
    1/2 cup frozen triple berries
    Lots of ice

Blend together and yum!!! It's thick almost like pudding, I ate it w/ a spoon. :bigsmile: And at under 250 calories... an awesome and filling breakfast!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I mix some truvia and cinnamon into 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. put it on two pieces of whole wheat bread. Put the oven on broil->hi, and put it in there for no more than 5 minutes (on a baking sheet with cooking spray on it). It tastes awesome.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Hi all, do you know about Lucerne brand 1% milk cottage cheese with added fiber? only 1 WW point plus (if you're interested) for 1/2 cup.
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yum! Bump!
  • memanley
    memanley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make a 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats and add a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese when it is done. It melts into the oatmeal & makes it really filling. I add a touch of honey or splenda I'd you like it sweet.
  • Mellymho
    Mellymho Posts: 4
    Options
    I put cottage cheese on my lettuce and make a great salad. I add green onions, colored peppers and strawberries to it. It replaces the dressing.