Hey Fellow Fatties........

Options
...how you all doing?

Just joined after much persuasion from my wife and daughter and I am liking what I see so far.

Hopefully using the tools available here and sharing the support of fellow members, i`ll soon get into
this and start seeing some major weight loss as i`ve done nothing over these past 20 years except
get bigger and bigger!

Being a typical bloke its the first time I`ve looked into doing something like this, ie joining a "fat club" I mean,
but I`m told you are a great bunch of people and obviously understand what a struggle it is to lose weight.

Looking forward to making some friends along the way and enjoying a bit of banter with you all, so take care all
until I log in again.

Cheers

:wink:

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Welcome. There are great tools on this site. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    loved the way you introduced yourself. You sound cool :)
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I actually would prefer to think of it as a "fit" club, as opposed to a "fat" one, but hey, whatever works! lol
  • erinnicolette
    Options
    Excuse me, but some of us don't like to be called FAT! Esp. if we aren't that overweight- and some of us on here have eating disorders where we are actually trying to keep track of calories in order to GAIN weight, so you need to be sensitive to everyone's goals, because we support each other here, and don't appreciate comments like that. I'm sure you are a cool bloke, but you need to think before you speak.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, it's going to be a great help to you I'm sure.

As you'll see from the tickers (graphics at the bottom of people's posts which show targets and progress), a lot of the members are overweight, some people use this site to track exercise only, and there are some people who have eating disorders and who are struggling to gain weight.

However, as I currently have an *kitten* the size of a planet, do feel free to call me fat for now. Do it when I've reached my target weight and I'll hunt you down and slap you! :bigsmile:
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    YOU are fat. Others have different goals, some may be trying to gain weight or loose vanity pounds. As you can see, others in the message boards state their opinion quite frequently and if you talk like that you are going to be torn apart on here. Good luck on trying to be fit.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi geordiebear feel free to add me as a friend ,I am very easy going :smile:
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request !! I'm a fattie.

Fit or Fat -- Eating disorders, medical condition or bad choices -- we all are here for our health.

When I first joined, I didn't realize it was not just for overweight people. Thank you for taking the first step and introducing yourself to us. Just caution using the "F" word ....lol.
  • GeordieBear
    Options
    Excuse me, but some of us don't like to be called FAT! Esp. if we aren't that overweight- and some of us on here have eating disorders where we are actually trying to keep track of calories in order to GAIN weight, so you need to be sensitive to everyone's goals, because we support each other here, and don't appreciate comments like that. I'm sure you are a cool bloke, but you need to think before you speak.
    YOU are fat. Others have different goals, some may be trying to gain weight or loose vanity pounds. As you can see, others in the message boards state their opinion quite frequently and if you talk like that you are going to be torn apart on here. Good luck on trying to be fit.

Well it seems I have caused some upset with my first post and on my first day too, and for that I apologise.
    I had wrongly assumed that this site was only for us F** people wanting to lose weight and I had no idea that there were other reasons for people joining such as trying to gain weight or just monitoring it.

I`ll put my faux pas down to me being your typical insensitive bloke rushing in like a bull in a china shop and I offer my unreserved apologies for upsetting anyone.I have reported my post in the hope that a Moderator will edit out the offending word and replace it with Hello Fellow Weight Watchers, as thats what we all are whether its trying to lose, gain or just stay steady.

I`ll go and slink away now and find some suitable punishment for my sins....I`m sure there was a cat o nine tails around here somewhere and apparently its great for the skin!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Apology accepted ,hope everyone else does as well :smile:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I`ll go and slink away now and find some suitable punishment for my sins....I`m sure there was a cat o nine tails around here somewhere and apparently its great for the skin!
    Well, yanno, if you think it would do you good... Careful what you wish for, you get all sorts on here! :bigsmile: