2nd job help!

Options
Okay so currently I work a 40 hour a week desk job but starting in a couple weeks I will be starting a 2nd job through the summer. Each day that I work i will be serving beer for about 4-5 hours. So basically standing the whole time and walking back in forth in about a 5 foot span of ground. This wont be a every day of the summer type things just on the home games (ex 5 days of working the 2nd job then ill have a 3 day break where I will only be working my first job and then it could be 8 games in a row) I hope that makes sense.

So my question is do i log any of that or just let it be. I dont think i should change my job activity because its not a consistant thing. Any advice is great!

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Since it is a temporary thing - won't happen everyday and you usually work a desk job, I would log it. I work on my feet 5 days a week, so I rarely log anything that involves me being on my feet for a long stretch simply because I KNOW my body is very used to it (I've been working this job for 5 yrs).
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have a second job to where I am walking around alot, but I don't log any of that. I only log my daily intake and my actual excercise for the day. I figured if I am working the 2nd job, that is just an extra bonus, but I don't "bank" on those calories. Hope that makes sense. :happy:
  • lifeisadancefloor
    lifeisadancefloor Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am in the same position as you, I googled calories burned while bartending and found a calculator

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/burned/calories_burned_Standing_light_bartending_store_clerk_assembling_filing_xeroxing_put_up_Christmas_tree_.html

Then I just manually enter it!

Hope this helps :)