I am starving!!!

Options
I have change my workout schedule from working out three times a week up to six. It has been going great, except I am starving all the time. Well mostly in the evenings. I am trying to increase the amount of protein I am taking in to see if that will help but so far it has not. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Sprinkie09
    Sprinkie09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat. In the evenings is when i wanna tend to 'snack' because I feel hungry. I do notice though, when I work out in the morning, I dont feel too bad[hungry wise]. When I work out in the evening, I feel starving!! I do increase protien more @ nite-like eating turkey, lean meats for dinner- & i noticed, peanut butter works.. like a spoon or two after working out. :)
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Eat! Seriously I work out 3 - 4 times a week and on workout days I am always starving. I try and eat extra protein and veg on those days. I also try to have a pre-workout snack. Nothing fancy, a protein shake or smoothie or even just a handful of almonds
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Baked potatoes always keep me full. Just don't put a whole lot of butter on it! Oatmeal too is always something that will keep you full. You are working out more and your body is asking for more nutrition.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Baked potatoes always keep me full. Just don't put a whole lot of butter on it! Oatmeal too is always something that will keep you full. You are working out more and your body is asking for more nutrition.
    Try buying yukon gold potatoes or bake a sweet potato instead. They are naturally flavorful and don't need butter.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or protein shake right after working out within an hour. Helps build and regenerate muscles and keep you feeling full.
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    Well if they are intense workouts then you will need a bit more food :D

Listen to your body, if you're just craving something you can turn it off with a bit of willpower, if your body really is hungry then feed it! Just don't go crazy, keep healthy but filling foods at home, some oats is an excellent idea, a banana, a slice of wholemeal toast with a little peanut butter is also a good idea, cook an extra bit of meat when you eat earlier in the day and have it a bit later on, maybe make a nice healthy smoothie? And don't panic if you eat back a little of your exercise cals, once you learn to listen to your body you'll work out what it wants.

You'll be fine, but if you really are feeling starved you probably need to eat a little more :)
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You're over 1000 calories below your goal for the past week. Maybe that's why you're hungry? =/
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    Most days you're 1000-2000 calories below your goal!! If you're exercising that much, you need to eat back some of those calories!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the suggestions. I keep finding myself wanting to eat junk, just because I am hungry. I would rather not eat crap. I am going to look into the protein shakes for after the workouts and make sure I have the healthy items on hand. I need to grocery shop but my daughter had prom and graduation back to back and it has been crazy around my house! Thank you for the input.