Army Vet here and proud of it!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all our new members!!!
  • modelina
    modelina Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a proud Army wife as well! Feel free to add me as a "friend:smile:
  • brittanybotsford
    brittanybotsford Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Air Force comm girl :) Feel free to add me. I could use the support!
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm in the Active Duty Army serving my second tour in Iraq right now! I had a baby 17 months ago so I'm still trying to get rid of my little pooch! I gained 85lbs with my son...And then after I had him I was so miserable...WHAT HAD I DONE?! Those damn molten chocolate lava cakes from chili's did me in! haha...but now its go time and I want the six pack I've never had! I don't know if its possible but I'm trying to get to a very low body fat percentage to see if that will get my kangaroo pouch gone because I really don't want surgery! Add me and we can have workout competitions or something! I love cardio :D
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    Just peeking in to give this the daily bump it needs :)

I see lots of you are friending each other, which is GREAT! We need our networks :D
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Proud Army wife of 3ish years, and Army sister of 11 years! And Army aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents... you get the idea! LOL

Hubby is King of Battle, (field artillery lol) and currently deployed, boooooo! But will be home for R&R sssssooooooooooooooonnnnn!!!!! And I'm about 25lbs down from where I was when he left, and can not wait to see the look on his face!!!!

Feel free to add me! =)
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    another bump to hopefully bring in some new faces :)
  • navyjeffrey
    Options
    Hey there, I'm just getting started here on MFP. I am active duty Navy for 14 years, actually 14 years to the day today. I am looking to get myself more in shape. Any tips, hints, and support from anyone else would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
  • MyLittleSonshine
    MyLittleSonshine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was in the AF for about 2 years and am still an AF wifey :)
  • Phestr
    Phestr Posts: 37
    Options
    Active Air Force, almost 16 years in, trying to cut a little weight due to a PFT falling between me and my promotion date. I had knee surgery earlier this year, so I'm having to learn how to walk really fast, which is way harder than I thought it should be. Feel free to add me, and what are we calling this group?
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My name says it all I guess :-) Hubs is active duty navy pilot gearing up for another deployment in November. Love to join in on the discussion/support towards healthy living! Feel free to friend me...Cheers!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Active Duty Navy Since 05JAN2009.
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    Ok everybody! Whenever I catch someone military introducing themselves etc. I give this thread a reference and a bump because so far we've done a pretty decent job friending each other and supporting one another that way.

I'm thinking of moving much of my signature-block to my profile and replacing it with a moto-pic with our names in text listed like I've seen with some of the challenge groups & this thread's link. WDYT?

We can even have sections for "Active-Duty", "Reservist/National Guard", "Retired/Veterans" & "Motivated Dependents".

That way whenever I or anyone else adopts it posts, others are made aware of our little military MFP family and bring more into the fold so-to-speak.
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    Options
    I think that sounds great! I for one would love to see us all 'connect on a regular basis to motivate each other while living (or having lived at one point) this crazy military life that only those who have experienced it can understand :-) I know I'll need plenty of help when DH heads out this fall!

My current goal is to get to 135lbs. Which I'm only 3lbs. away from...then I plan on taking on p90x2 and maintaining my weight while gaining muscle definition. What's everybody else working towards specifically? I'm curious...

Cheers!
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    I think that sounds great! I for one would love to see us all 'connect on a regular basis to motivate each other while living (or having lived at one point) this crazy military life that only those who have experienced it can understand :-) I know I'll need plenty of help when DH heads out this fall!

My current goal is to get to 135lbs. Which I'm only 3lbs. away from...then I plan on taking on p90x2 and maintaining my weight while gaining muscle definition. What's everybody else working towards specifically? I'm curious...

Cheers!

Great! I'm all about making it easier for us to network! Regular check-ins would also be great & encouraged, though we are all working towards vastly different goals; some of is are all about the scale, some of us are onto body-composition, some are just about inches/appearance/jean-size, some need to work on upping our PFT/PRT/whatever-you-call-it-in-your-branch scores, some are aspiring or getting ready for warrior-dashes/tough-mudder/triathalon-type stuff, some need to get in better shape to tackle advanced indoctrination courses, and some of us just wanna shock the heck out of our significant others with our hotness when we're finally reunited.

As for me, I just need to focus on turning off that military mentality just long enough to properly recover from all this surgery I invested in. I was still back in the gym at 17 days post-op and doing more than medically cleared; but then again, those are general recommendations and I was in awesome shape before surgery. I'm also going at it with the help of a personal trainer experienced in helping other women recover from the same procedures (without causing complications!). Just dropped a whopping $420 today to lock on 10 sessions. My body-fat only crept up 1/2 a % in the 2 weeks sitting on my tush, and part of that can be chalked up to it being another trainer, but my abdominal skinfold measurement went down by 3-4mm :D But it's SOOOO hard right now watching the guys do chin-ups on the cable-tower and I'm chomping at the bit to just jump up there and pump them out just like I did before to show them, "Yeah, this >chick< can do them too, so you're not so special. Up the ante son!"
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Marine active for 11 years 8 months and 2 days. Now I am Marine in civilian clothing. OoRah to you all and Semper FI
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    OK, I'm putting together a motivating signature block pic/roster like I'm sure some of you have seen for some of the challenges. The toughest part seems to be picking a background that kinda encompasses all services... I'd prefer something with kinda action-type pics particular to each, or we can over simplify and just stick with a cammo background. Let me know what you think and please submit ideas.

Here are the names and breakdown for the "Roster". This info was gathered up from this thread and several others: please let me know if your info is incorrect, you would like to opt-out, or you need additional designator like "Ret" or (Deployed), or if I forgot somebody.

Also, if there's something I haven't thought of yet, feel free to make suggestions!

ACTIVE-DUTY & AGR:
    bluemax87: USAF
    DeadZip2010: USMC
    elizabethwigger: USMC
    Emily_J_J: USN
    EmilyRanae: USCG
    Hodgeypodgy: English RAF (Deployed)
    lifeskittles: USA (Deployed)
    navyjeffery: USN
    parachick77: USAF
    Phestr: USAF
    SaundraU: Guard
    T_R_A_V: USAF
    xsargex: USAR (Deployed)

RESERVIST & GUARD:
    grunt0321: USMC vet & ARNG

RETIRED & VETERANS:
    adamcf: USMC
    adrian_indy: USA
    baisleac: USN
    bestdaysahead: USN
    BrigRat666: USMC
    BroDave: USAF & USA/Ret
    CountryDevil: USN
    darkrider42: USMC
    dougstevens: USA & USAR
    fitnhealthyccthatsme: USA
    Froggy1976: USN
    gtm124: USAF & USANG
    HOSED49: USAF
    Iclarkjr: USA
    IMonica0813: USMC
    JDNOX: USMC
    Mad_Dog_Muscle: USN
    MartiJJohnston: USA
    millerII: USAF/Ret
    MrBrown72: USMC
    MyLittleSonshine: USAF
    nukehiker: USMC
    pacmanjack: USN
    sarahi2009: USMC
    striderb: USAF
    sonybalony: USA
    Swimgoddess: USMC/Ret
    TracieJ65: USAF

MOTIVATED DEPENDENTS:
    Angeloftheshore
    DreamLittleDarlin
    gijoeswifey
    Ireshgurl
    Jenny95662
    Kaycurrier
    Keljo720
    modelina
    Navyw1fe
    NavyWifeTwinMom
    Rachellosesitall85
    Sprinkie09
    texastae1010
    twinlikeme
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    Options
    Yay! Love it... Thanks for doing this SwimGoddess (and I'm sure you'll be showing the boys at the gym how it's done soon! Give that awesome new bod some rest if you start seeing signs of needing it!)

So just to stay current here, I'll add that I pre-ordered P90X2 this a.m.! Funny to be looking forward to so much pain... especially for Christmas! I started my 5th round on 8/10 so I'll finish up right before it arrives and still have time for a couple of weeks of 'recovery' time (I usually up my cardio for a couple of weeks and lay of the weights during that time period) before I start on the new program.
    Anyone else on board with P90x2??

Cheers!