Moms: Stretchmarks and Motivation Help?

Options
I find myself struggling with keeping my motivation up because of my stretchmarks. ( I know, I know....) I've struggled with body image issues in the past but lately, it's been taking a toll on me when it comes to keeping myself motivated to push farther. To keep losing weight. So, I was wondering if any other mother's out there have the same issue?

Here's my post about it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/srrosenbalm/view/stretchmark-motivation-108972

Any advice, or feedback would be great! Thank you!

:smile:

Replies

• sunflowermom2
    Options
    Try mederma cream it is suppose to work wonders. I have not tried it myself though.
  • vickylee26
    vickylee26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    don't think of your strechmarks as a negative thing you have them because you have been blessed enough to have child/ren[ you could use bio oil to help fade them] keep yourself motivated by thinking about being healthy for your kid/s and the fact they will learn healthy eating habits from you. also think about how the new you will look and feel when you are the weight you want to be. exercise its a great feel good factor when you have done a work out set realistic goals to work to and feel proud by what you achieve and remember most women have them take care and good luck
  • wease1204
    wease1204 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi darling. I had the exact same problem - post birth my stomach, legs, bum and hips and boobs were striped with those god awful stretchmarks. I had thought the same thing. Pre pregnancy I prided myself in having a toned belly. Post pregnancy I thought - I will never wear a bikini again! After having lost 19 kg (41lb) i can say honestly that the future is bright! Yes, those ugly marks are everywhere but instead of dark purple and garish, theyve become skin coloured and in most light almost invisible. Dont fret. Yes, you might feel ugly now, but wait and you will see the results you crave!

I genuinely thought that I would never fit into my corporate gear any more and that I would need to sell it all on eBay. However, I am doing so well and now i have found that some are actually too big!!! You can do this - it wont happen over night, but trust me when I say, it will happen for you and you will feel beautiful!

If you are concerned - purchase something called Bio-Oil. or similar and this will assist in your stretchmarks fading - I hope this helps your esteem and motivation. xxxxx
  • srrosenbalm
    srrosenbalm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies! It's nice to know I'm not the only one that feels this way. I'm trying my hardest to get over this, and be comfortable with myself. Unfortunately with my little progress, summer, and my yo-yo weight motivation seems to slip away from me.
  • Aquarius9
    Aquarius9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, i struggle with stretch marks and I'm 20 years old and not a mother yet. I got them from puberty and gaining weight. I have them on my arms, thighs, calves and breast. I have found the solution to cover them up so they are not seen, the product is called Dermablend leg and body cover. This stuff really works, give it a try , go to Macy's and ask the person at the makeup counter to try it on where you have your stretchmarks and you will be amazed!!!!!!!!! Its also water proof so you can go swimming and come out the water still flawless :smile: Hope this helps you out hun :smile: