Cheating on the weekends

Options
These last few weekends I have been awful. I haven't even bothered to track my food because I have been eating so terribly! Memorial day weekend was the pinnacle of my care free gluttony. I ate food with reckless abandon and made little effort to work out. Well that all changes today. I have to get back on the ball. I was losing about 1lb a week. I have not lost any weight since mid May. By some sort of miracle I suppose, I have not gained any weight back yet so there is still hope for me. So I'm making this promise to the MFP community to DO BETTER!!!! Back to the old diet and exercise; even on the weekends! Please feel free to offer any motivational tidbits to help me along as well as others. I know I'm not the only one out there who is starting anew!

Replies

• shaverkl191
    shaverkl191 Posts: 131
    Options
    I went through the same thing over Easter weekend, except that I actually ended up gaining back some of the weight I had lost! But now that I'm back on track I'm feeling much better! Just think about how great it will feel when you start to see your weight going down again! Good luck!!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    The only time I really start getting into trouble is when family is visiting. Then things slip into my diet that aren't normally there, and I can ALWAYS feel it later.
  • fitnessGETZeasy
    fitnessGETZeasy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is an easy trap to fall into. I find myself not tracking when I KNOW what I'm eating isn't great. And that usually happens on the weekends. Just pick yourself right back up. Remember you don't want to un-do all the weeks' work.Track it no matter how ugly it is. You may find it isn't as bad as you think. Or you can actually SEE how bad it is and it will deter you from doing it again. Also, in the notes, write how you feel after eating all of it. I've found that I usually feel like crap when I eat crap. It's a hard habit to break, but it DOES get easier. Promise!
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I plan them. Takes all the guess work as to whether or not I'm going to cheat.
    Such a relief...whew.

But only every 2-3 weeks. If I go over to my in-laws....they can expect I will be packing my own food. Again no guess work.
    I wonder now if that is insensitive.......mmeh, they're in-laws....

Not working out? Not an option. It might be the German in me that says "you have a system, do it, now repeat, now repeat, now repeat"
  • totalimageguy
    totalimageguy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The best motivational trick I know to stop weekend cheating is to make Monday morning your weigh-in day!
  • BrakemanSlova
    BrakemanSlova Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's a good plan.
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I always track, even when I know I'm eating way over my calories. It helps put it in perspective when I am upset about not losing weight. And sometimes I find that since I know I'm putting it in my diary, I'll eat less of the "bad" stuff.

That said, you have taken a great step by declaring that you will try to keep on with this instead of letting a couple of weeks derail you completely.
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am always bad on the weekends. We are also so active and on the go its just easier to grab mcy ds on the way home or pizza. I know I need to make better choice bc those places do have better choices but its easier to eat a burger than a salad. GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I had planned to have a cheat meal on weekends instead of a whole cheat day every few weeks, that didnt go so well. I found that I wanted more than just my meal and had to stop the weekend cheat meals, I am back to cheat days every 3 weeks, which works much better for me, I find that after a whole cheat day, I feel horrible at the end of the day and cant wait to get back to my healthy eating :D