I just made a turkey burger in the microwave.

Options
hillygrace
hillygrace Posts: 10
I feel like a whole new world of opportunity has opened up. I was rustling through the kitchen drawers and found a plastic burger press my husband bought for me the other day. I had a hankering for turkey burger but didn't feel like dirtying more dishes, and that's when I looked on the backside of the press. "MICROWAVE USE ONLY"

"Oh my God, this is used to make microwave burgers." I sat and stared at it for a few minutes, willing it to give up its secrets (we threw away the instructions since I thought "It's a burger press, seriously I don't need instructions") before I finally just carved out a 4 oz ball of turkey, mixed in some breadcrumbs and barbeque sauce (I love mixing sauces into my burgers) and stuck that puppy in the press.

I had read somewhere that you should cook it on 50% heat so the outside doesn't overcook, and I put it on for 3 minutes, flipped it, and then another 2 minutes. Within 5 minutes of my initial commitment to turkey burgers, I had a juicy, thick burger on my english muffin (we're out of bread and I'm lazy) ready to be devoured. After chomping my way through it, I was full to the brim and ready to take on the rest of the day.

QUESTION (You thought I was just talking for the sake of it, huh.) What is your favorite/most interesting microwave creation to date? How'd you do it? What about your WORST experience making things in the microwave? Lemme know :)

Replies

• kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i am amazed. please tell me where you got your burger press. i must have one.

favorite microwave dish when i was in college was the frozen chicken patties... dinner of choice :-) just 2 minutes on a plate...

most interesting was probably cooking eggs in the microwave when we were camping. we had some plastic tool that you poured them in and they came out looking just like nasty mcdonald's eggs... haha.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now I need a burger press. lol

I hate to say it, but I haven't created anything good in the microwave. :(
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Rice.

Not kidding!

I come home, put half a cup of rice and one cup of water in a Tupperware, put some chicken bouillon in there, microwave for fifteen minutes while I take a shower/clean litter boxes/change/whatever. Microwave beeps, I add 1/4 of cheese, one tablespoon of margarine or butter and BAM. Deliciousness for about 400 calories.