How much alcohol do you allow yourself

Options
And, what type of alcohol, how many per sitting, and how many per month?

I am forever evaluating where (if) it fits into my new way of life. :/

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    I am usually not a drinker. I usually drink the occasional glass of wine.

BUT, if its something to celebrate about (bachelorette party), I drink. I had planned out 5 drinks for saturday, but i probably tripled that.

In moderation, I would say a glass of wine, light beer or a mixed drink made with diet soda and a liquor wouldn't be a bad thing:)
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    None.

If it was a special occasion, I'm sure I could save up the calories for a pint of a nice dark beer. :drinker:
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    None, but I have been the DD for many many years! I have a high tolerance and not worth the calories so I skip it.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I'm a wine guy. I may have a glass or two, three to four times a week.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    it depends, wine is the healthiest way to go. I still drink...in fact i actually drink more now that im watching what i eat.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Beer! Thats why Im fat ! BUT Im wondering if I wanted beer if I could have a light meal and then have some drinks. IF I stay in my calories allowed per day...anyone know?
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    In Round numbers 0.

Cheating is different..... :wink:
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love Gin Rickeys! I have 2 in a night. I also drink a lot of Guinness. I usually have 1-2 in a night. I suggest any type of straight liquor mixed with a no-calorie mixer (and tonic water is not low calorie fyi haha) like diet pop or soda water.
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'll drink a glass of wine or bottle of beer in my day-to-day meals. I just figure it into my calorie count. I will go out and have a night on town with friends, which can mean a lot of drinks, but I try to stay consistent and smart (no calorie-heavy mixed drinks) and log it all the next morning. It's kind of like indulging in cake and a big dinner once in a while. I only go out like that once every 2-3 weeks, however.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Vodka-a lot of it.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I only drink once/week or every other week. I drink the day before my rest/stretch-only day. That's usually Saturday nights. I usually eat a really light breakfast so I can cram in more drinks than I need. I do not recommend this approach. :laugh:
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I started out only allowing myself Friday/Saturday night drinks. I drink vodka (1/2 shots, measured out) and Bud Select 55. A typical weekend night is 4-6 beers and 3 shots. 450ish calories......I do plan in advance, I make sure that I do a killer workout Friday morning and an even tougher one Saturday (home with hubs, drink earlier - snack more) and stay well hydrated.

I used to drink pretty much every night. Not really to get drunk, but it was just habit, I would come home crack a beer, start cooking, drink a beer, and have one with dinner. I would find myself sneaking shots when hubs left the room - he's not a big fan of shots on weeknights. That had to change. So I gave myself Friday and Saturday.

Lately.....well for awhile now I've been drinking on Sunday - we do yardwork and it's just SO EASY. I am afraid I am hindering my weight loss.....but I have lost 29 lbs since 1/14 about 1.5 lbs a week - and albeit slow, it's coming off - and I totally don't feel like I'm killing myself.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Beer! Thats why Im fat ! BUT Im wondering if I wanted beer if I could have a light meal and then have some drinks. IF I stay in my calories allowed per day...anyone know?

I'm going over my calorie goal generally once a week. I'm going to have 6+ ice cold beers a week. And i'm going to have then every week because i love beer too. Hot sun and cold beer yay.. The difference is i've cut my drinking to one day a week instead of 2-3 and thats a mega calorie cut
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I think everything in moderation....as long as you include it in your calorie count. If you have a special occasion where you know you are going to indulge, lots of water and a good workout before and after should help offset some of the damage.

One hopes anyway....
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I drink beer on the weekend but the kind i drink is way different than before i started living healthier. I drink Bud Select 55, 1 12oz bottle is 55 calories, 1.9g carbs and 0.5g of protein
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    5 plus drinks on friday and saturday. :drinker: one or two during the week!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :drinker: rum,and until i pass out
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Typically I'll have 2-3 beers or a couple of glasses of wine on the weekend. I tend to be much more strict about staying within my calorie limit Mon.-Thurs., so there's no room for alcoholic beverages.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Alcohol will most definitley hinder weight loss. It's not about the calories but the alcohol itself that your body needs to metabolize. While doing that it begins to store the other caloires you've consumed.

A glass of wine or a beer a week is probably fine but on a nightly basis you're just going to be treading water.

I don't drink for a number fo reasons, but mostly because I don't really like the taste and I just don't like getting buzzed at all.

Tim
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options