Your MFP Moniker

Mountain_woman
Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
edited September 28 in Chit-Chat
What does your MFP name mean and why? Is it just for fun or something significant to you? I'm curious as I see some really unique one's out there. Care to share?

My name is Mountain_Woman.

I live in Alaska and 2 days after I moved here, I declared my love for this state's natural beauty. I decided I was going to become a mountain woman. Grow out my hair, Learn to identify skat, love the land. All that jazz. LOL. I am happy here. Just being in Alaska, I feel stronger then I ever have before. Huzzah!

Replies

• InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Wow, have you read The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test? You'd love Mountain Girl in that, she's you!! :flowerforyou:
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    I live between 2 small towns or 1 horse towns. I also have 1 horse.

Love your's.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Sunshine Angel...

Mine basically was chosen because: sunshine - I love the sunshine, it makes me feel happy and healthy, just like my reasons for joining MFP. I really want to be able to look on the outside, like I feel on the inside (sunny/happy/beautiful). The angel part I chose because my boyfriend calls me Angel, and also because it sounds good with sunshine :tongue:
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    I'm your sister and I'm a bear. :smile:

Just kidding. Or am I?

'bear' is part of a pet name someone special has for me. Sister is another story, but I've carried it with me wherever I go on the internet because I like it when people call me 'Sis.' It makes me feel all cozy.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Mine came from the fact that when I was little I would eat raw onions and my dad always said I ate them more than cookies. So I figured onion cookie. Then I discovered there is such a thing as an onion cookie though I have yet to make them.
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    My MFP name is henney16

My last name is Henderson - picked up the Nickname henney when I was doing grounds work at a golf course during my summers off during high school and college. 16 was my sports number i used during high school
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    What does your MFP name mean and why? Is it just for fun or something significant to you? I'm curious as I see some really unique one's out there. Care to share?

My name is Mountain_Woman.

I live in Alaska and 2 days after I moved here, I declared my love for this state's natural beauty. I decided I was going to become a mountain woman. Grow out my hair, Learn to identify skat, love the land. All that jazz. LOL. I am happy here. Just being in Alaska, I feel stronger then I ever have before. Huzzah!

Mine's just my name, not very orginial I know. I used to go by Heaven150 because my maiden name is Devine (Divine - Heaven).

Anyhoo just wanted to mention I grew up in the Yukon. We were practically neighbors!
  • My mom used to call me Amber waves of grain. I shortened it to Amber waves. 01 is the year I graduated HS.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    My name matches my goal :)
  • dnthaveasn
    dnthaveasn Posts: 113
    dnthaveasn (don't have a screen name)

At the time I couldn't think of one for myself, so I just put that:smile:
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Mine is a little nod to one of my favorite bands ever - Gene Loves Jezebel.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Mine is for my car's year and model. Boring, maybe, but I have a passion for muscle cars:ohwell:
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Solat37 was my gamertag when i joined Xbox Live. State Of Love And Trust (solat) is my fave Pearl Jam song EVER, and I was 37 at the time (yh yh I know I should probably grow up XD) I added the Neil at the end cos I wanted people to know my actual name!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    My MFP name comes from our plans to move to Hawaii after my husband retires. At this time, I can only dream about living there - so hence the name.
  • Mine is short for Let Them Eat Cake.
  • MsMouseMouse
    MsMouseMouse Posts: 92 Member
    When I was a little girl, I was truly little... and I loved cheese, so my school lunches always had cheese in them. So I got the nickname of Mouse.. and somewhere along the line Bil got added on but I have no idea where that came from. SO I became MouseyBill. When I got my computer 13 years ago, I tried to use that name,but alas some one else already was using it, and I did not want to become a name with a number. So I tried others. I for some odd reason wanted to keep the Mouse part and in the end became MollyMouse ,as a friend who could not remember my proper name called me Molly. MollyMouse got shortened to MollyM. That's what's on my license plate. In our area there is a cleaning company called Molly Maid so people were asking if I worked for that company, so I started to use the name MsMouse and I am going to have my license plate changed. When I signed up on here MsMouse was also taken and I would have had to add a number so I tried MsMouseMouse and voila here I am... lol a very long and boring explanation.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    mine is micedout.

My screen name was made up back in college. The "m" is for my first name, Miquel. The "icedout" (iced-out) was a joke making fun of the term being "iced-out". As in having bling bling. lol. It was something funny back then b/c I would never be "iced-out" as that's just not fitting to my personality. however, i've used the screen name ever since.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    Mine is short for Let Them Eat Cake.

Love IT!

Mine what I had hoped for and thus far been successful at. Massive Delta or Big changes
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    dnthaveasn (don't have a screen name)

At the time I couldn't think of one for myself, so I just put that:smile:

Very clever! I like that. :flowerforyou:

Momma Red was what some friends of my daughter called me when she was a teenager because of my red hair and 53 is the year I was born.
  • theroog
    theroog Posts: 2
    Thank you all for sharing. These make me smile!
This discussion has been closed.