Hi there

Options
:smile: Hi there, I am Jess. I need to loose some mass weight, and although I know it is going to take a long time, I am making the change and am willing to put in the hard work. I want to change my lifestyle forever. I have no idea where to start!!!!!!!! It's overwhelming. Food is my comfort. I eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I am angry. I just eat!!!! It's my vice. The most difficult obstacle for me is my own mind. It's going to be hard but it has to be done. Anyone have some advice for a beginner with 100 ++++ pounds to lose?

Thanks!

Replies

• jmureddu
    Options
    :smile: Hi there, I am Jess. I need to loose some mass weight, and although I know it is going to take a long time, I am making the change and am willing to put in the hard work. I want to change my lifestyle forever. I have no idea where to start!!!!!!!! It's overwhelming. Food is my comfort. I eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I am angry. I just eat!!!! It's my vice. The most difficult obstacle for me is my own mind. It's going to be hard but it has to be done. Anyone have some advice for a beginner with 100 ++++ pounds to lose?

Thanks!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Well Hello!! Looks like you've made the first step so congrats!! Start slow is my advice and look through all the various threads here for weight loss approaches and such.
    Where to start? -- look for healthy substitutions for the foods you eat is where I would start. Also, just by logging your food intake you will begin to see where you can improve!!

Good luck and congrats on your new journey towards health and fitness!!:flowerforyou:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Just start doing. Simple advice, but it's really amazing the results you will see.

I started off here at 260 and now I am 217! It really is amazing. The support here is awesome, and it's really easy. Can I friend you?

Also, I log my food in the day before. It really helps me know what I am eating and when, so I don't get hungry and look around wondering what to eat. That's the time I tend to eat less healthy. It also helps so you know you won't go over in the day. Like, if I want a baked potato for dinner, I should probably not have toast for breakfast.
  • jmureddu
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I really get a good feeling about this site. It's the support that is going to make the difference. That is amazing weight loss on your part, rain cloud :) Good for you!!!!

I actually have gained almost 100 pounds in the two years since having my son. I was actually about 215ish after having him. I do not know why I let myself go.. Stress, lack of sleep, single parenthood, I have tons of excuses!! lol

:happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Welcome Jess:flowerforyou:

I have over 100+ lbs to loose too, Come join us in the Motivation and Support Section. :drinker:
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    Welcome. Best of luck during your weight loss journey! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    WELCOME to MFP!!! You will love it here! Good luck on your adventure for a brand new you! :drinker: