i didnt think it was possible

Options
my name is curtis, and well i had to change my eating habits. it was unhealthy for me. when you can eat a 1lb burger with all the trimmings, order of fries and onion rings and still feel hungry, it was then i realized instead of buying biggr jeans i need to loose weight. i weight 212 lbs and growing. then i found this website and thought what the hell i would give it a try. i still eat what i want but i use the calories to be my guide on how much.
Well my first weigh in i lost 16 lbs then on my second weigh in i lost another 6 lbs, i have 18 more lbs till i hit my first goal weight and 28 more lbs till i hit my second goal weight.
this website has tought me how to eat in portions instead of eating till i was full., once i hit this goal weight i will still use the website to monitor my eating.
i will say you do get creative on what you eat on here to minimize the calorie intake. i am to the point where instead of eating 4000 cals a day that i have to force myself to eat 1200, ( i kept getting the starvation note, told me to eat more )
i have even found the energy to walk in the evening i average about 19 miles aweek. it is nice to go from 36 jeans to 33 jeans i just cant wait to get the rest off of me. but i fear the last 20 lbs will be the hardest..

Replies

• Jodibear13
    Jodibear13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to go Curtis!!!! You are doing awesome!!! :smile:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Great job thus far. I was in the same boat as you, only I found a spin class. Yes, the last 20 lbs are the hardest and that i what I'm working on now. I think it would help if you started doing some strength training exercises, such as www.hundredpushups.com . There are other body weight or weight training programs out there, message me if you want more ideas or have any questions.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Great job and keep it up, your goals are getting closer and closer But FYI, the min calories for Men is 1500.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You've done a fantastic job so far! Continue to stay focused and keep pushing. You'll achieve your goals in no time
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Wow you are doing great!! This site really is amazing. The last 20 lbs may be harder but you can do it! With dedication and hard work we can all reach our goals! Congratulations on your loss so far and good luck in the future!
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Great job! The last 20 may be the hardest, but the victory will be all the sweeter.
  • CurtisRay0814
    Options
    thanks for all the positive encouragement i appreciate it and need it . all the help i get will just make all the easier to get to my goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!