I can NEVER get a net cal of 1200!

Options
I thought it would be easy to eat 1200 but I cant! I plan out what I'm going to eat for the day in the morning. i have breakfast, lunch and dinner with 3 snacks in between! how do i get to 1200 net!? I don't want to EVER go into starvation mode!

Replies

• MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    BUMP --- SAME PROBLEM HERE N THEN WHEN BURNING ALL THESE CALORIES IN JUNE IM LIKE DO I REALLY HAVE TO EAT THEM ALL BACK?? CRAZY.
  • lyndsaysutton82
    Options
    nuts. high in protein, and high in calories. I also like Fiber one bars, which are just filling enough.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising a ton? If not, I'm not sure how you could be eating 3 meals and 3 snacks without hitting 1200. They would have to average under 200 calories each. If you ARE working out a lot, just cut your exercise down a bit.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    There's no chance that this can be difficult. There are plenty of really high-calorie, nutrient-rich, healthy foods out there. Nuts are a great place to start. Lean proteins are also good. Try adding a bit of olive oil or even butter to what you are cooking. A little of either is not going to hurt you.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. :drinker:
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    By eating stuff that isnt for people who are dieting, eat stuff thats healthy but not all low calorie. Almonds, peanut butter, breads, rice, cereals, cheese, etc.
  • SenorToenails
    SenorToenails Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? I find it hard to NOT have 1200 calories in a day!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Gosh I could get to 1200 in breakfast and lunch alone.................. If you are exercising so much that you can't eat 1200 cals, cut back on the exercise. You don't need to kill yourself with exercise to lose weight.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You should try adding nuts, but not too much because they are high in fat, add fruits or veggies with each meal. Try little stuff like that to increase your calories.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    I only burn 300-500 a day,
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    If you make your food diary public, there is a much better chance that people will be able to give you some sensible advice.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    eat food.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Add things like:
    ...avocado, nuts, eggs (whole eggs, not just whites), cheese, real salad dressing made with olive oil, bananas, peanut butter, whole grain bread, brown rice... to your meals. You don't have to add a lot but a little to each meal will soon bring your cals up.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
    Greek yogurt
    Protien bars
    Fruit

There are a lot of options.
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So....let me get this right. You're only exercising 300-500 calories per day and still can't get to 1,200? Which means you only have to eat between 1,500 and 1,800 per day? That seems bizarre. No offense, but you had to have eaten more than that to gain the weight in the first place. I had a two-egg omelet cooked in PAM with onions, green pepper and 2 oz cheese, a yogurt, a cup of milk, toast with Laughing Cow cheese and that, alone, was nearly 800 cals. Maybe I'm just not understanding the problem?
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    eat food.

bwahaha I know! What in the world kind of question is this? lol
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    Try exercising every other day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Having your diary public would really help...

This doesnt get said very much but... increase your portions!! I am just getting used to sticking to 1200 so i cant really imagine what you normally eat that makes it so hard to get all your cals?
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    How much are you exercising anyway? I found that if I eat all my exercise calories I gain weight. But that might be because the calories burned aren't right, I don't know.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't get to 1200 calories most days, and I have never ever gone into starvation mode.

If your really worried about it, just try increasing your portions and eating more high calorie items. I found that peanut butter and toast is a good high calorie healthy snack.