Exercise & TTC (trying to conceive)

Options
Hi People! Ok so I know working out isn't bad while TTC or even while pregnant, but I'm kinda scared to do any ab work during this time. I'm in the firs couple days of my 2 Week wait. Should I stop the crunches and things like that until TOM Shows up? I just have this theory that doing anything with my abs will dislodge or deter any implantation. I honestly don't know so thats why I ask.I always get iffy and paranoid during these 2 weeks. Part of me says don't do the abs the other part of me says just go on with life, if it's meant to happen it will..

Replies

• rednose83
    rednose83 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was told by my RE that it's okay to do the same exercise you always do.
  • swimstacy
    swimstacy Posts: 9
    Options
    I doubt it would do anything that early but my training is in aquatics. You can do Sit ups while pregnant in the water. It uses different muscles. You can even add in side crunches. Just get an aqua jogging belt and have at it.
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am losing wait BEFORE TTC. Feel free to add me as a friend.

I wouldnt worry too much about ab work, but I do understand!! Your pregnancy books will list some safe ab exercises like pelvic tilts, side bends, etc - or you can google it to find some. Lots of pilates moves are safe during pregnancy.