Post-VERY unhealthy weekend

Options
With not only Memorial Day weekend behind me but also a BACHELORETTE weekend (not mine, a friend's)... let's just say this girl did not eat and drink within her daily allowable...

What do you guys do after a huge slip in your diet/exercise? Do you workout extra hard/long to make up for it? Do you just try and get back on track and accept the overload of calories for that week? Do you buy a pint of Ben & Jerry's and keep livin' the dream?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Just get back to it. A weekend (or day better) like that on occasion will be beneficial for your fat loss.
  • sopranogi
    sopranogi Posts: 5
    Options
    I just get right back on the wagon :-)
  • Riotactor10
    Options
    having a good, extra hard workout definitely isn't a bad idea, but I think it would be better just to jump back into your normal routine - that way you just treat it as a blip and don't have to get your mind thinking that you need to go crazy at the gym or starve yourself to counterbalance ya know?

just keep grinding
  • mKatherineG2
    Options
    I agree - just continue as you were previously. We all need an occasional day "off" - VERY OCCASIONAL - not a habit! Like 1 time a month or even less often than that, just to be "normal" and not count every little thing that enters our bodies. I swear I'd go insane if I didn't have that one day off every once in a while! I try to get in an extra work out, but it's really hard to necessarily "make up" for that day. Just move forward! You can do it!
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Just get back to it. A weekend (or day better) like that on occasion will be beneficial for your fat loss.

perfect response.
  • deeders1220
    deeders1220 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone! I'll definitely try not to slip anymore this week. It just seems like every time that weekend rolls around, food becomes much harder to track. Sigh...