Favorite whole grain?

Options
What is your favorite whole grain?

Mine is amaranth. If you have never tried it, it's a small round little thing, and cooks in about 20 minutes. It is high in calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, vitamin E, vitamin B6, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, zinc, copper, selenium and phosphorus. A cup of amaranth provides 29 percent of the recommended daily amount of iron and 12 percent of the calcium requirement. It provides 105 percent of the necessary amount of manganese. And it's a good source of protein with about 9 grams per cup!

Replies

• itsgotsnuts
    itsgotsnuts Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    excellent! thanks.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite whole grain?

Mine is amaranth. If you have never tried it, it's a small round little thing, and cooks in about 20 minutes. It is high in calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, vitamin E, vitamin B6, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, zinc, copper, selenium and phosphorus. A cup of amaranth provides 29 percent of the recommended daily amount of iron and 12 percent of the calcium requirement. It provides 105 percent of the necessary amount of manganese. And it's a good source of protein with about 9 grams per cup!
    I've never tried it, but I'll look for it now. My fav is quinoa. The nearly complete protein.