Back on track

Options
4mricandy
4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
I've been a member of MyFitnesPal for a couple of years, but I have "fell off the wagon" in the last year. I had lost 50 pounds in approximately 18 months - good, slow, healthy weigh loss. I was feeling great. Now for my excuse and that is exactly what it is - an excuse. I was diagnosed with charcot in my right foot. For you that don't know what charcot is it is basically a deterioration of the joint caused by irregular bloodsugar. After feeling sorry for myself for about nine months and gaining back 28 of the 50 pounds I am now back on track. I'm charting my food portions everyday (which I have discovered is a MUST) and i have returned to the gym doing exercises that have low impact on my foot. I will always live with the charcot, but I have decide just that - I will live with it instead of giving up. Like my dad always said, "It doesn't matter how many times you fall as long as you always get back up."

Replies

• savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Great for you for getting back up on the band wagon!! I think we all tend to go back on the beaten path every now and then. I personally have only been half-heartedly doing MFP for the past two months. I gained back about 4 lbs so I need to get back up on the wagon myself and lose the 4lbs plus the 10 more I had to go. Add me if you like. Starting tomorrow I am back in the game!!
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and good luck to you in this weight loss venture!