A Celiac looking for Celiac friends!

koodava
koodava Posts: 4 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there I am a newly diagnosed Celiac.
And I am looking for some friends who share this same disease.
Lot's of pointers on how NOT to gain weight while going G-Free is what I am looking for!

Replies

• Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    I'm not exactly a celiac but my body will reject anything 'wheat'. My diet is 'wheat free'. If I eat wheat, I bloat up like a hot air balloon for days and days! It takes a lot of getting used to. Saying 'no thank you' a lot more than you may want to. And you must remember to ask when you eat out if flour has been added to things that you may not even suspect! Like.... soups!... I hate to discover that one after the fact! With time, it will become second nature. In about four weeks you are going to feel like a new, healthier and even happier you. Let that be your motivation. =D
  • jacisfat
    jacisfat Posts: 1
    I was recently diagnosed. Since I stopped eating gluten, I am way more sensitive to it when I have some by accident. I lost four lbs. my first week, but I think I ate something I shouldn't have last week and I have been so bloated and the weight came back overnight (plus some). A few years ago, I watched what I ate and easily lost weight. That is not the case anymore. This extra weight is killing me because I feel like it is out of my control. People have noticed the weight gain too. Little comments about how thin I 'used to be' are so irritating. 12 lbs at my height is noticible and with summer here, I just wish I could get it under control.
This discussion has been closed.