Would it be bad to be above your calories everyday?

Options
So my calorie goal is 1200 a day and I know I shouldn't eat below that, but would it be okay to eat a little bit above that? Will I still lose weight that way?

Replies

• skinnimini16
    Options
    depends, is that before or after you workout? they way you loose weight is by burning more calories than what you eat. but at the same time if your going over and eating super healthy you should still loose weight.
  • kimark1
    kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight with going slightly over on some days. If you exercise, you can eat those calories back and still lose!! It's a Win Win!! Good Luck on your journey!
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i set my goal at 1350. i never usually eat below that, and i've lost 12 lbs. in a little over 4 weeks.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you weigh and how much you exercise. For most people 1200 is not enough calories over the long run to nourish yourself and keep the metabolism firing.

I advise losing while eating as much as possible... then you can eat more while you are maintaining
    BTW MFP says that I should eat 1900 and I eat 2300 most days and its working for me!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Of course it's ok. Figure up to 50 or 100 above or below and you're golden.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what your deficit is. If you've got a 1000 calorie deficit and go over your goal by 500 calories, then you're still maintaining a 500 calorie deficit and you should still lose.

If you've got a 250 calorie deficit and go over your goal by 500 calories, you're likely going to gain.