Attention All MFP Members I need Help! what is wrong with me

Options
OK so here is the deal I ate like a total fat cow loser today!!! I am sooooo embarrassed! What is wrong with me! I know better than this Then fat and tired from shoveling the food in I did not do my P90X because I was exhausted. I am getting rid of all my son's old baby clothes and equipment so I spend two hours carrying boxes, swing, car seats, and stollers down the stairs and to the car. But that really didn't put a dent in my eating emergency! I don't even understand why I did it!!! OMG I am in PANIC mode. I am going to be a big fat loser forever if I don't stop what is this? What is going on with me lately> HELP

Replies

• cdskates
    cdskates Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You are NOT a big fat loser! The fact that you're even on this proves to me otherwise! Darlin, we all screw up every now and then. Seriously. One day does NOT make that big of a deal, or failure. It's okay, as long as it's not a daily thing. You're fine, honey. Just take a breather. DEEEEEEEP breaths. You CAN do this.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    First - stop calling yourself names. Seriously - it doesn't help. Words have power and the more you hear/say/write/read those kind of negative labels the more you'll believe it and the harder it will be to change those beliefs.

Second - it was a bad food day. It happens to us all. Only YOU can answer your question about what is going on with you. Sit down and reflect - did you eat because you were tired? Bored? Emotionally drained? Figure out why you gave in, or at least what your triggers were, and come up with a plan on what you'll do the next time you face the same kind of situation... because you WILL face it again. When you wake up tomorrow, remind yourself that it's a new day, and that dwelling on yesterday's poor choices will serve you no good. Take what you need to learn from your bad days, leave the rest behind and move on.
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It happens to us all. It happened to me yesterday. Don't worry. Tomorrow is a brand new day. With me, it's happening less and less. It takes time to completely change your lifestyle and eating habits, eventually, you will hit a bump in the road. All you can do is get back up and continue on towards your goal.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,180 Member
    Options
    First, don't beat yourself up so much about this. It will maybe slow you down for a day or so, but if you get back to eating healthy tomorrow all will be good. In fact if you have been in a calorie deficit for a long time (I see you have been a member since February) this will probably help your fat loss in the days to come as our bodies don't like to be in a constant calorie deficit and because of it will reduce the hormone Leptin which is a key hormone for fat loss, appetite control and more. This day of eating lots of calories has probably raised your Leptin level to normal again, and that will help you in the days to come. Occasional days eating like this will help in the long run, just don't do it too often.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories? If you are starving yourself you won't have enough energy and you'll end up bingeing. Maybe you are trying to lose too much too fast? Healthy, sustainable weight loss takes time. Also, eating too many processed foods can spike your blood sugar, leading to intense cravings. Make sure you eat healthy, high fiber foods and lean protein to feel full longer. If it's emotional eating that is the problem, you might consider counseling. Your mind is a big part of your success in this game. Don't give up! Relax, and keep trying! :flowerforyou:
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    One day is not a deal breaker. It's hard, but you have to brush it off and keep going. You are certainly not a fat cow. Chin up. You can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    No worries...we all have those days. Mine was a few days ago. As long as it isn't a habit, you will be absolutely okay.
  • SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    try not to get yourself down, thats when all the mistakes happen. stay on top of things and use today as encouragement. keep it in your head and remember how disappointed and guilty you feel next time you have this problem. dieting is difficult, i think it gets the best of everyone. tomorrow is a new day.
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Breath young lady! It will be ok! I did the same thing on Friday. I didnt work out the next day and I actually showed a weight loss. Tomorrow is a new day. Start off just like you have been. You lost 31 lbs doing something right! We all have days like this. This isnt the first nor the last time either. Just get your mind back into you wanting to make changes in your life and it will all fall back into place again.

Keep up the hard work!! Youre doing great!

Jessica
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    you owned it... now move on.
  • beatricegreenough
    beatricegreenough Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You are Not a loser!!!!! I screw up too. It is not the end of the world for you! Just get up tomorrow and get right back in the game. Keep logging in your food, I find that I don't like to log my food in when I have screwed up, but I do anyway just as a reminder of what I don't want to do again. it does help me become accountable by logging in everyday, good bad or indifferent. Keep it up and stop telling yourself you are a big fat loser. You have to talk good about yourself, the more you beat yourself up the more you start to believe it and actually become it. Start tomorrow with positive thoughts and keep it up day after day, you may be surprised how your thoughts change and your body will follow. If you want to add me as a friend it would be ok.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Repeat (several times a day if needed): I AM NOT A BIG FAT LOSER!

The fact that you are acknowledging the loss of control is AWESOME! I have done it a few times too, I am sure I will do it a few more times too. But being able to recognize that you didn't eat as well as you should have shows that you are moving in the right direction. At least it felt that way for me.

I think we sometimes need 'those days' to make us really acknowledge that we are learning from our past mistake and we are willing to fix them. Most importantly, each day is a new start. What is done, is done.

You said: I am getting rid of all my son's old baby clothes and equipment so I spend two hours carrying boxes, swing, car seats, and stollers down the stairs and to the car.

HUGE emotional trap for me! My kids getting older, not needing things (gasp, one day me!) as much... It can be hard and it may have set you off without you knowing that was what did it.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Repeat (several times a day if needed): I AM NOT A BIG FAT LOSER!

The fact that you are acknowledging the loss of control is AWESOME! I have done it a few times too, I am sure I will do it a few more times too. But being able to recognize that you didn't eat as well as you should have shows that you are moving in the right direction. At least it felt that way for me.

I think we sometimes need 'those days' to make us really acknowledge that we are learning from our past mistake and we are willing to fix them. Most importantly, each day is a new start. What is done, is done.

You said: I am getting rid of all my son's old baby clothes and equipment so I spend two hours carrying boxes, swing, car seats, and stollers down the stairs and to the car.

HUGE emotional trap for me! My kids getting older, not needing things (gasp, one day me!) as much... It can be hard and it may have set you off without you knowing that was what did it.

You hit the nail on the head there- I cried and HOUR then ordered pizza my little boy is growing up :( I need to find better ways to deal with my emotions But I can do this. Thanks to all of my MFPers and their support!