Detoxing cleansing diet?

Options
i'm thinking about doing a detoxing cleansing diet, like the lemon diet..
but i heard that when people do those diets they get horrible headaches, and i hate having a headache...(haha)
have you ever tried a cleansing diet?
i don't want to do it too lose weight necessarily but too cleanse my body of toxins. :) tell me if you've tried it! :)

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I never tried a "detox" like the Lemonade cleanse...but I got plenty of "cleanse" when I added a whole lot of vegetables to my daily eating plan back in early March--both raw and cooked veggies. The extra fiber provides a "cleansing" effect ;) And it's filling and tasty, as well...just something to consider...
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    cleansing is a bunch of bull

you cant cleanse anything.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Ive done the IsaGenix YUK but works
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    What is good for your body and organs is to fuel it properly and let them do their job. Your body cleanses/detoxes itself - all you need to do is drink enough water and eat enough fiber. Don't buy into the "hype" that you need special pills/concoctions/etc. to cleanse your body - you don't. If you really need a "boost" to help you get going, then swear-off fast food/restaurants for a week and eat super clean. Trust me - eating large amounts of fresh/raw veggies, fruit, beans, etc. for a whole week will clean your system out really well! :bigsmile:

Any weight you lose on these "detoxes" and "cleanses" is almost entirely going to be water weight and normal physical weight from your system, which is going to come right back when you start eating normally again.
  • KaironAndTaviansMommy
    KaironAndTaviansMommy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    http://www.advocare.com/products/trim/99038.aspx

this is a cleanse that I have heard wonderful things about. My friend lost 15 pounds on this and HAS NOT gained it back!!! I have thought about doing it, but i want to wait until I hit a big plateau to cleanse!

Bree
  • tammeygail
    tammeygail Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know my sister tried one that she got from a herbal all natural store and she said it made her feel great but yes was discusting throughout the process, but if your on any medications check with your doctor or pharmacist first
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    I sent you an email about Shakeology! You can do the 3-day cleanse or just simply replace one meal a day with a Shakeology smoothie. It tastes GREAT and has all the nutrients you need in one drink. It's best made as a smoothie and there are all kinds of EASY recipes to try.

I can't wait to get it.....I'm going to do the 3 day cleanse and then continue replacing one meal per day with it....I am READY to try something new and different that many people are getting great results from...gotta shed my last 25+ lbs!! I hope you'll try it with me! :smile:
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Good thinking Tam :)
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I have tried the lemon diet and it was really difficult to even do for a day. I didn't like it at all. I have done other detoxing diets as well. They do make you feel a little better, but once you get off of them you go right back to the same old sluggish feeling, if you don't change your diet. Eat clean and your body will regulate and detox itself, and you will feel 10 times better than any detox can do.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    What is good for your body and organs is to fuel it properly and let them do their job. Your body cleanses/detoxes itself - all you need to do is drink enough water and eat enough fiber. Don't buy into the "hype" that you need special pills/concoctions/etc. to cleanse your body - you don't. If you really need a "boost" to help you get going, then swear-off fast food/restaurants for a week and eat super clean. Trust me - eating large amounts of fresh/raw veggies, fruit, beans, etc. for a whole week will clean your system out really well! :bigsmile:

Any weight you lose on these "detoxes" and "cleanses" is almost entirely going to be water weight and normal physical weight from your system, which is going to come right back when you start eating normally again.
    I agree