A funny thing happened....

Options
guppygirl322
guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
I was driving my daughter home from a Girl Scout thingy tonight. It was late, around 7:45PM and I was STARVING. All the way home I was scanning the road for a place to stop and grab a bit to eat simply because I knew I wouldn't get home until after 8, and then to start cooking, UGH. McDonald's? Nah, didn't want that. Denny's? Nah. Red Robin? Nope.

I must have past a dozen places that two months ago I wouldn't have hesitated to pull into and stuff myself full of crap. I came home and had broccolette with brown rice and some spicy tofu. I'm so proud of myself. Not because I had the will power to come home and make my own healthy dinner, but because I think I've finally changed enough that having will power isn't an issue. I didn't want any of that crap, I actually WANTED to come home and eat my veggies!

At least if the junk isn't directly in front of me, lol.

Replies

• ChristinaRamos
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!! THAT HAS GOT TO BE A GREAT FEELING!!!!!!
  • Hopeinanguish
    Hopeinanguish Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! *standing ovation*

Keep it up! You should be damn proud, woman!
  • skshep
    skshep Posts: 30
    Options
    Good Job! I've noticed the same thing too! I recently went to get my husband and my son some fast food (because they were craving it after I had banned it for 3 weeks LOL) and I thought it might be difficult not to order myself something or have a few stolen fries (McD's fries used to be my weakness!)...I didn't even think twice about it. I simply ordered theirs and came home to eat my Lean Cuisine. It was a small victory for me too so you should definitely celebrate it!
  • hairspray74
    Options
    woot woot, hip hip horray! that is a huge accomplishment!
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Let this serve as a testament to your discipline.
    While others would take the easy road, you choose the path less traveled.
    This IS a day to remember for you.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I do feel really good about it. A little stunned too. I thought I'd be craving junk food for the rest of my life!
  • 2BabyMama
    2BabyMama Posts: 65
    Options
    Good for you!
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Oh man. Reading your post made me think of the greasy food at McDonalds that I used to love so much, but I felt really nauseous just now. I can't imagine eating any sort of greasy fast food ever again. Yay for healthy choices!!! :tongue:
  • AprilHead
    AprilHead Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You rock!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!