Ate all my calories, but still hungry!

Rena421
Rena421 Posts: 31
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
I really need to make sure that the calories I eat are good choices and will keep me full. Empty calories today didn't do me any favors! That is why I go over my calorie limit and can't lose weight! How many of you are having this same issue?

I guess I'll snack on some sugar snow peas and go to bed before I start to feel hungry again.

Replies

• sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    i had the EXACT SAME problem today!!!

I just had too many empty calories and that is why i am so hungry tonight even though i am over my calorie goal! arg!

good luck! and we will just try to make sure we remember this so we dont have stupid empty cals! ha
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    I really need to make sure that the calories I eat are good choices and will keep me full. Empty calories today didn't do me any favors! That is why I go over my calorie limit and can't lose weight! How many of you are having this same issue?

I guess I'll snack on some sugar snow peas and go to bed before I start to feel hungry again.

Make sure your calories are healthy choices, make sure they have fiber so you're satisfied. If they are healthy, relax... increase your caloric intake. Exercise. Then work on lowering your calories slowly.
  • You probably ate something with a lot of calories ( BIG MEAL OR A LOT OF SNACKING WHICH DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH PROTEIN) or change your calories settings (is you eat 1200 to lose 2 pounds ,eat 1400 for a pound each week). Hope that helps
  • sweena23
    sweena23 Posts: 14
    i've had that issue....i just drink some water ...do some excercise and eat my calories till i'm satisfied.
  • kitterly
    kitterly Posts: 2
    I just got crystal light stuff today.. it's supposed to keep you from feeling hungry. i only saw the hunger management ones in one flavor, strawberry banana, but I tried it earlier after i got done working out cause i was hungry at 9 and i'm still not hungry.
    They really work. But I get like that all the time.. I can eat at a buffet and 10 minutes later I'll be starving
  • registers
    thanks for the tip kitt
  • registers
    thanks for the tip kitt
  • mopzare
    mopzare Posts: 1
    waterrrr. sometimes people confuse hunger and thirst. i ate all of my callories and was still pretty hungry, then i drank like 3 glasses of water and was pretty satisfied
  • Im llike that too.. but this was before I joined here.

I love to drink ice cold water I find that it helps me with the hunger.
  • fevre
    fevre Posts: 60 Member
    I've heard that most of the time people think they're hungry, they're actually thirsty. Make sure you stay super hydrated! Also make sure to pace yourself. I did the same thing today...just got back home from college for summer and I have to get back in the swing of eating with my not-dieting family, so I ate too much too early and had to find a good low-calorie evening snack to tide me over. I went with air-popped popcorn with salt and pepper and just a bit of butter. Now that it's late and I shouldn't be eating anything this close to bedtime, I'm just having a cup of "bedtime" tea so that I can still have something flavorful.
This discussion has been closed.