Help!!

Options
Hi! Okay I need some help here. I usually eat a little under my calorie goal, but lately I'ver been getting super hungry in the middle of the afternoon and then binge over my goal. How do I stop this?

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Work out a little more and you will not have to worry about going over.
  • CharNordie
    CharNordie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    your metabolism has probably just got really pumped up. try and eat smaller meals but more often. then you won't feel the need to binge after you've already had lunch.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I always used to be ravenous for afternoon snacks but seem to be getting myself out of the habit of bingeing but making sure I have a snack prepared.

For me, the key has been to plan my day - once I know what I'm eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner I can see how many calories I have left for an afternoon snack.
    I don't tend to snack so much in the morning or evening, but usually have several snacks in the afternoon. Depending on how many calories I have available, I will usually have 2 -3 things from this list: 1/2 peanut butter sandwich, slice of cheese (or laughing cow triangle) and whole grain crackers, hommus and rice crackers, cherry tomatoes, snow peas, plum, almonds, trail bar, one (only) square of dark chocolate, strawberry flavoured milk, Weiss mango/cream icecream bar (only 110 cals!).

When I started in January, I was always starving and really needed that snack, now I tend to eat one and maybe/maybe not the others (I will eat something extra if my calories for the day are looking low).
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    protien and fiber all throughout the day
  • lemonbug
    lemonbug Posts: 59
    Options
    When I get super hungry I eat almonds or saltine crackers as they really seem to make me feel full.
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    If you eat a filling breafast it should help you get through the day. Snacks are also key to have on hand. I like to bag mine in 100 calories so I can easy know how much I just ate. It seems to hold me accountable vs. having a full box in front of me.