¼ cup old-fashioned oats
Pinch cinnamon
Pinch nutmeg
1/8 cup canned pumpkin, unsalted
1/8 cup sliced almonds
Stevia to taste
1/8 cup water
½ scoop vanilla protein powder

Bring milk and water to a boil over medium heat; add oats; cinnamon and nutmeg; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally; stir in pumpkin, almonds, and sweetener; set aside; combine water and protein powder in a separate bowl; mix with a fork until protein is dissolved; pour protein mixture over oatmeal and serve

232 calories; 8 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat; 2 g polyunsaturated fat; 25 g carbs; 4.5 g fiber; 7 g sugars; 21 g protein; 54 mg sodium; 5 mg cholesterol

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    CLEAN EATING PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL
    ¼ cup low fat milk
    6 tbsp water
    ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
    Pinch cinnamon
    Pinch nutmeg
    1/8 cup canned pumpkin, unsalted
    1/8 cup sliced almonds
    Stevia to taste
    1/8 cup water
    ½ scoop vanilla protein powder

Bring milk and water to a boil over medium heat; add oats; cinnamon and nutmeg; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally; stir in pumpkin, almonds, and sweetener; set aside; combine water and protein powder in a separate bowl; mix with a fork until protein is dissolved; pour protein mixture over oatmeal and serve

232 calories; 8 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat; 2 g polyunsaturated fat; 25 g carbs; 4.5 g fiber; 7 g sugars; 21 g protein; 54 mg sodium; 5 mg cholesterol
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I just made this for breakfast and it is amazing!

Also, it looked like a little scoop of nothing in the bowl, and now I'm struggling to finish it. . .it's very substantial.

I used maple syrup for the sweetener and vanilla egg protein and soy milk (instead of water) in the topping.

Oh so autumnal and delicious.:flowerforyou: