Recipe Request Please! :)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Hi all!

I have been craving some of my mothers "famous" recipes. She passed away in 2000 and I had SO wanted her recipe boxes and cookbooks but they somehow went missing after she died! :(

Anyway...she used to make this simple casserole that she called "Brides Pride". I think it was one of those "passed down through generations" kind of things.

Anyway, I looked up on the internet and found "Brides Casserole" that is similar but not exact.

I know the one my mom made had ground beef, onion, cream of mushroom soup, peas....and on top were those crunchy asian noodles. I can't remember anything else. I was thinking of using ground turkey, the reduced fat mushroom soup, etc....and figuring something else to add a crunch to the top.

BUT, if any of you have a recipe like the one I described above...I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!! :)
Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I have been craving some of my mothers "famous" recipes. She passed away in 2000 and I had SO wanted her recipe boxes and cookbooks but they somehow went missing after she died! :(

Anyway...she used to make this simple casserole that she called "Brides Pride". I think it was one of those "passed down through generations" kind of things.

Anyway, I looked up on the internet and found "Brides Casserole" that is similar but not exact.

I know the one my mom made had ground beef, onion, cream of mushroom soup, peas....and on top were those crunchy asian noodles. I can't remember anything else. I was thinking of using ground turkey, the reduced fat mushroom soup, etc....and figuring something else to add a crunch to the top.

BUT, if any of you have a recipe like the one I described above...I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!! :)
    Tami
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    BUMP (wish I could help you Tiramisu:ohwell:)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    My mom makes a similar dish she calls a goulash, I'll see if its similar. I'll get back to you after my lunch break when I have a chance to call her.. hopefully its similar. Its not a goulash, I know, but she calls it that anyways.