2 cups each 100% cranberry juice and orange juice
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
1 cup light cream cheese, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp dried ground ginger
1/8 tsp almond extract (optional)
1/3 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
½ cup unsalted, sliced almonds, toasted

Peel pears; trim bottoms so that they sit flat; using a small spoon or melon baller, scoop out and discard cores; place pears in a very large, wide, heavy-bottomed saucepan; add cinnamon sticks and juices; scrape out seeds from vanilla bean and stir in; add scraped bean husks too; bring to a boil, then reduce heat; cover and simmer, occasionally turning pears over carefully to ensure even cooking, until almost tender but still a little firm; about 20 to 25 minutes; in a bowl, stir cream cheese with vanilla extract, finger, and almond extract (if using) until mixed; if the mixture is too thick to stir easily, add a few spoonfuls of hot pear cooking liquid; stir in cranberries and almonds; carefully spoon pears onto a large platter; cover and refrigerate to cool completely; boil remaining pear liquid in pan, stirring often, until it reduces to ½ cup; the sauce will foam and bubble toward the end of cooking, so be sure to stir often; remove from heat and discard cinnamon sticks and vanilla husks; to serve, fill pears with cream cheese mixture; place on plates and spoon sauce over the top

208 calories; 6 g fat; 3 g saturated fat; 38 g carbs; 5 g fiber; 27 g sugar; 4 g protein; 74 mg sodium; 13 mg cholesterol

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    CLEAN EATING CRANBERRY-ORANGE CHEESECAKE PEARS
    10 Bosc pears
    2 cinnamon sticks
    2 cups each 100% cranberry juice and orange juice
    1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
    1 cup light cream cheese, at room temperature
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    ½ tsp dried ground ginger
    1/8 tsp almond extract (optional)
    1/3 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
    ½ cup unsalted, sliced almonds, toasted

Peel pears; trim bottoms so that they sit flat; using a small spoon or melon baller, scoop out and discard cores; place pears in a very large, wide, heavy-bottomed saucepan; add cinnamon sticks and juices; scrape out seeds from vanilla bean and stir in; add scraped bean husks too; bring to a boil, then reduce heat; cover and simmer, occasionally turning pears over carefully to ensure even cooking, until almost tender but still a little firm; about 20 to 25 minutes; in a bowl, stir cream cheese with vanilla extract, finger, and almond extract (if using) until mixed; if the mixture is too thick to stir easily, add a few spoonfuls of hot pear cooking liquid; stir in cranberries and almonds; carefully spoon pears onto a large platter; cover and refrigerate to cool completely; boil remaining pear liquid in pan, stirring often, until it reduces to ½ cup; the sauce will foam and bubble toward the end of cooking, so be sure to stir often; remove from heat and discard cinnamon sticks and vanilla husks; to serve, fill pears with cream cheese mixture; place on plates and spoon sauce over the top

208 calories; 6 g fat; 3 g saturated fat; 38 g carbs; 5 g fiber; 27 g sugar; 4 g protein; 74 mg sodium; 13 mg cholesterol
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    did you try these?

I have the recipe marked, but I'm curious if it's good.

Sure looks good. That is my new fave. magazine.:flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    did you try these?

I have the recipe marked, but I'm curious if it's good.

Sure looks good. That is my new fave. magazine.:flowerforyou:

I haven't yet but ohmigosh the picture makes it look so good...I will probably make just 1 pear to start and see...but they look so yummy!