women-six pack abs after kids

Options
MellowGa
MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
Ladies,

I ahve heard/read that it was impossible for a woman to get six pack abs after having one or multiple children without having a tummy tuck due tot eh muscles being pulled apart, that a plastic surgeon must stich them back together.

Is this a myth? any ladies here have nice abs after having multiple kids?

just curious to what the truth is that is all.

Replies

• bridetobe310711
    Options
    one of my friends on here has done it!!! :)
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    lol thats funny
  • MellowGa
    Options
    why is that funny? that after multiple children women will always have the "baby pouch" I was just looking for confirmation from what my wife and I heard from other couples and seen in some articles.

I can understand if some Plastic surgeons are trying to get business, So I am just looking for some real people that have beaten this myth.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    not everyones muscles seperate. Mine stayed pretty intact luckily and although i dont have a proper 6 pack, I think i probably would if i exercised that area enough as have quite good definition and no fat there
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Its case by case. Some people are lucky, but I believe the majority may not be especially if its a c-section birth. What helps is wearing a gurdle right after giving birth. It helps with holding everything together and giving extra support while the body is getting back to normal inside.
  • MellowGa
    Options
    desiral....looking at your pic....WOW great results! Congrats!! way to go!
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ive a few pics on my profile of my abs and ive had 2 children so anything is possible :smile:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    desiral....looking at your pic....WOW great results! Congrats!! way to go!

Thank you :0)
  • Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think it's different for everyone. I've had two and prior to that I was 50lbs overweight. I'm now at a healthy weight (although not my exact goal) and my abs are flat as a board, no pooch. When I work hard you can see definition, but I'm not entirely a fan of the six pack look on myself. I want firm, not manly.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I will have to get back to you in about 6 months. I have 5 kids, one c-section, but I won't be letting that stop me from trying! My kids are one reason I am working my butt off to get fit so I would hate to run around blaming them for that as well as the gray hair they have given me.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I had twins by c-section and I am working hard towards abs. I know I will get there eventually. My "baby pooch" is nearly gone & can't really be seen in most outfits (even in a bikini) so i've done well so far. Check back with me in 6 months and we'll see where i'm at :)
  • tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person, it can be different for everyone. When I was pregnant, my stomach muscles separated straight down the middle. If I flexed (like doing a sit up) there was a visible gap about 3 inches wide. Now, 7 years later, I can still feel a section about 5 inches high, and 1 inch wide (along the middle above and below my belly button) where my stomach muscles have not attached to each other. I may eventually achieve a flat stomach, but I'm not sure about having a six-pack lol!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'll just be happy not to have a kegger anymore! :laugh:
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    While i don't have a six pack yet...Im working on it! I also had four kids!
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I do't have a six pack but my abs are definently better. I stil have some of the lower ab baby pooch but my obliques are coming in nicely. I think it will just take some time. I have had four children also, no c-section.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 children by C-section. I'm on my second round of the 30 day shred and can see definition on my upper abs and down the sides, but my pooch is still there. However, I currently weigh about 23 lbs more than my lowest adult weight which was after my 3rd child. I think genetics plays a big part, peoples skin has different elasticity, etc... I am doing my best to fight the genetic hand I have been dealt. We shall see.
  • MellowGa
    Options
    thanks to all that replied, good to know for those who wish to get to that point.
  • asiaa1
    asiaa1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I also need help in trying to get a six pack or at least get a FLAT stomach! I have had 4 kids all c-sections..the youngest will actually be 1 years old on May 24th. Does anyone have any tips out there to help me reach this goal?? Thank you!
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I got it back after my first child but not after my second. 4 years in I still have the pouch. However, once he starts school in September and Mama has her days to herself, I'm going for it!

I have a sister in law who always shows of her six-pack and tells people "see, after three kids you can get it back." She forgets that she actually lost weight during all of her pregnancies. My 2x 45 pound pregnancies belly just gives her the side-eye when she tries to tell me it's not that hard ;)
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    MYTH - I have 2 kids! :bigsmile: