THE FIRST MONTH

Options
I just want to know how much people lost in their first month using MFP? Does the weight fall off quicker at the start?...

x

Replies

• Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i can say i started on my own 2/21/11 and lost 13 lbs at 5/10/11 which wsn't fast enough for me. but have used this site for 20 days and am down 6. its really just being aware of my calorie intake and knowing how many i really have use for the day! good luck!
  • Zolita
    Zolita Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've just finished my first month and the total was 15.4lbs :)
  • Clairezibel
    Options
    I'm coming up to the end of my first four weeks (started again four weeks ago on Friday, but joined last November) and so far I've lost 9lb, hoping to make it to 10 by Friday! I think you do lose weight more quickly at the start, because my first three days, I lost a pound a day, then plateau'd for 3 days, then lost 2, plateau'd and so on - although the weight loss is becoming more steady now. In my experience, a lot depends on how heavy you are to start with, and how much you restrict your diet and start exercising at the beginning. Good luck with your goals!
  • clarehaines
    Options
    Although I joined MFP some time ago I actually only started using it a week ago Monday, so this is only my 10th day, Ive lost 6 lbs so far and totally agree with the person above, its a lot to do with how restricted your diet is, how much exercise you put in, and how much weight you have to lose!! They are all very important factors.

If (like me) you have been eating a very poor diet for a lengthy period of time (take aways, chocolate, crisps, snacks, general C**P!! lol!!) then the weight is going to come off faster to begin with because your body is getting used to eating a healthier diet.

Im very surprised at 5 foot 7 inches the max ive ever weighed (with all the food and calorie intake ive had for the last 2 years lol) is 11 stone 13..... although ive lost 6 lbs in a week and a half I do not expect the weight loss to continue at this pace, if it did then ill be depriving my body and need to start doing something about it!!!

Hope this helps
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    I've lost 9lbs And I was already eating healthily and exercising. So I'm hoping it's not just a fluke! Good luck x
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you have to lose too--like if you're only trying to drop 10-20 pounds, you won't lose that in the 1st month, but if you're trying to drop more than 50, you might.