what to eat

Options
hi i have been invited out for a meal with some old school freinds tommorrow night and we are going to the indians, anyone know what i should eat to keep fat and calories down, hmmmmm am not a big fan of hot food so i would normally opt for a tikka. would like some help if poss thanks x

Replies

• FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Avoid things in a sauce. I like tandoori chicken/ tikka (not with the masala sauce) and salad with boiled rice
  • Charlottekd
    Options
    There are a few things you can do to keep it low.
    If you're going to have starters stick to poppadoms, they have about 65 calories each, and miss out things like mango chutney, have raita dip instead.
    For main meals go for tandoori, tikka or bhuna as they’re made without a sauce or are quite dry. Its the creamy sauces that ruin things!!
    And of course, stay away from the others and stick to boiled rice, which contains around 370 calories per portion. Compared to pilau which is over 600 cals per portion!
    Also, i'd say just make sure your breakfast and lunch for that day are low calorie. Just balance it out a bit :)
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i usually have okra(bhindi) masala i avoid tikka as most of themare food colourings and artificial type sweetners when in restaurants/takeaways (hubbys worked in quite a few so it put me off) go for a dry dish chicken is lower calories than meats and chappattis are less calories than rotis altho less filling so you eat more

your other option is to exercise more on that day and keep your other meals lower calories hope you have fun either way